Welcome to the East View High School Cross Country Team.When: Monday-Friday at 6:15 am
Where: Monday: San Gabriel ParkTuesday-Thursday: East View High School (meet near the locker rooms)You MUST have a current physical on file BEFORE you can practice or attend any meets. Please follow the link and complete all 3 steps for your physical: http://www.georgetownisd.org/Page/442
Newsletters2017 Cross Country Meet Schedule
Date Day Meet Location Aug. 26 Saturday Runnin' Rattler Invite San Marcos - Texas State Golf Course Sept. 1 Friday Chaparral XC Invite Del Valley - Southeast Metro Park Sept. 9 Saturday Liberty Hill XC Meet Liberty Hill - Liberty Hill Junior High Sept. 23 Saturday Georgetown River Run Georgetown - San Gabriel Park Sept. 30 Saturday McNeil Invite Round Rock - Old Settlers Park Oct. 6 Friday Battlin' Badger Invite Lampasas - Lampasas High School Oct. 13 Friday District 19-5A Round Rock - Old Settlers Park Oct. 23 Monday Region 3 Championships Sam Houston State University Nov. 4 Saturday State Championships Round Rock - Old Settlers ParkNutrition/HydrationProper nutrition is essential to athletic performance as well as good overall health.
Communication between parents, athletes, trainers and coaches is integral to a strong program. If you would like to discuss how your son or daughter is progressing, please contact Coach Burton at one of the following:
- Water/Gatorade – The absolute minimum consumed should be 128 ounces per day (that’s one gallon, or 16 eight ounce cups)! The drinking fountain rule applies for school – If you pass one, take a drink! Every athlete should have a water bottle with them at all times!
- A balanced meal of complex carbohydrates, meats, vegetables, fruits, and fluids is best.
- Athletes should eat before and after every workout and race. Eat something light before morning workouts, such as toast with peanut butter and honey, or a banana.
- All athletes should eat at least 8 servings of fruit and vegetables each day.
- During the racing season athletes should refrain from any carbonated drinks.
- “Junk food” should be eaten in moderation and must never replace the essentials of a healthy, balanced diet.
Contact informationMike Burton / burtonM@georgetownisd.org / 512-943-1800 x8180Sarah Burton / burtonS@georgetownisd.org / 512-943-1800 x8223
5000 meters - Boys Records Name Time Location Date School Record Guillermo Carrillo 16:03.50 Georgetown 2016 Senior Jose Pena 16:30.80 District 17-4A 2013 Junior Guillermo Carrillo 16:03.50 Georgetown 2016 Sophomore Luis Andana 16:21.60 District 25-5A 2016 Freshman Luis Andana 16:51.80 McNeil Invite 2015 5000 meters - Girls Name Time Location Date School Record Mia Rowe 19:21.00 District 19-5A 2016 Senior Makinsey Beesley 19:26.4 District 17-4A 2013 Junior Sierra Richardson 19:38.4 District 17-4A 2013 Sophomore Isabella Zane 20:40.2 McNeil Invite 2015 Freshman Mia Rowe 19:21.00 District 19-5A 2016