"The business of schools is to design, create, and invent high-quality, intellectually demanding schoolwork that students find engaging."
- Dr. Phillip C. Schlechty
Georgetown ISD Vision and Mission
Home of the most inspired students served by the most empowered leaders.
Inspiring and empowering every learner to lead, grow, and serve.
• Meet the diverse needs of all students by addressing their individual needs and learning styles in an inviting and inclusive atmosphere
• Utilize formative and summative data to drive instruction to monitor the learning of all students and guide relevant and embedded professional development
• Partner with parents and families keeping them informed of student progress and providing resources to assist their students
• Involve parents and families in collaborative communication
• Our core mission is to design engaging work for students and to lead students to succeed in that work.
• Students are volunteers of their time, effort and attention.
• All students can learn at higher levels than they are currently achieving
• Coordination, collaboration and connections are essential to a successful learning community.
• All members of the learning community contribute to a nurturing and engaging learning environment.
Core Business Statement:
The core business of Tippit Middle School is to promote, implement and support research-based practices for instructional leadership and teaching designed to provide meaningful and engaged student learning.
1. All staff members will be actively engaged in the WOW beliefs and framework.
2. All professional learning and development opportunities are high quality and reflective of the District mission and vision.
3. High quality extended learning opportunities are available for all students. (Instruction Designed for All Students’ Success)
4. All campus leaders are instructional leaders. (Strong Instructional Leadership)
5. Rigorous and relevant instruction is evident in all instruction. (Rigorous Standards and Instruction)
6. Our School is viewed as the centerpiece of the community life. (Parent and Community Involvement and A Positive School Culture)
7. Students will develop 21st century skills in a technology–rich environment.
top 5 LifeChanger of the Year winner for the 2015-2016 school year!
It's National Teacher Appreciation Week! We hope you will take time to reflect this week on the educators who have had an impact on your life and on the lives of your children. Click the headline above to see a Proclamation from our Board of Trustees and find out about how you can tell an educator about your gratefulness for them by posting on our online appreciation board.
Kindergarten and PreK Registration for the 2016-2017 school year will take place on Wednesday, May 4 from 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM. New this year is full-day PreK and optional dual language Kindergarten. For information on who can register, where to register, and what to bring with you, click the headline above.
Are you looking for enrichment, remediation, credit recovery, course acceleration, programs for students with special needs, or programs for students with advanced interests? Click the headline above for complete Summer 2016 program information.
"On Broadway" is a revue comprised of five professional Broadway performers, backed by a live stage band. The performances will include hit songs from major Broadway productions performed by talent who have been cast in Broadway and off-Broadway roles. Five students from East View and Georgetown High Schools will perform along with the Broadway actors, and the varsity choirs of both EVHS and GHS will also be featured. Click the headline above for more information and to purchase tickets!
At the January 19 Board of Trustees Meeting, the 2016-2017 school year calendar was approved. Click the headline above for a link to view and download next year's calendar.
Georgetown ISD is offering opportunities during the 2015-16 school year for secondary students to earn credit in academic subjects and for elementary students to accelerate a grade level by passing the appropriate examinations for acceleration. Click the headline above for information on registration deadlines and exam dates.
7:00 AM - 7:00 PM Election Day
6:00 PM Board of Trustees Meeting
7:00 PM Memorial Day Concert
9:30 AM Memorial Day Ceremony