Georgetown ISD is a No Place for Hate school district. No Place for Hate helps to create and sustain inclusive school environments where all students feel valued and have the opportunity to succeed by promoting respect for individual difference. No Place for Hate also challenges bigotry and prejudice.
Annual competitive run promotes physical fitness for kids
Fans of Broadway musicals will be delighted when a production of Newsies comes to Georgetown in January. The award-winning theater program at East View High School is the first in Texas to secure rights to the Broadway smash hit show.
Info on summer school, summer camps, and summer nutrition programs
"The business of schools is to design, create, and invent high-quality, intellectually demanding schoolwork that students find engaging."
- Dr. Phillip C. Schlechty
Georgetown ISD Vision and Mission
Home of the most inspired students served by the most empowered leaders.
Inspiring and empowering every learner to lead, grow, and serve.
- Meet the diverse needs of all students by addressing their individual needs and learning styles in an inviting and inclusive atmosphere
- Utilize formative and summative data to drive instruction to monitor the learning of all students and guide relevant and embedded professional development
- Partner with parents and families keeping them informed of student progress and providing resources to assist their students
- Involve parents and families in collaborative communication
- Our core mission is to design engaging work for students and to lead students to succeed in that work.
- Students are volunteers of their time, effort and attention.
- All students can learn at higher levels than they are currently achieving
- Coordination, collaboration, and connections are essential to a successful learning community.
- All members of the learning community contribute to a nurturing and engaging learning environment.