"The business of schools is to design, create, and invent high-quality, intellectually demanding schoolwork that students find engaging."
- Dr. Phillip C. Schlechty
Georgetown ISD Vision and Mission
Home of the most inspired students served by the most empowered leaders.
Inspiring and empowering every learner to lead, grow, and serve.
• Meet the diverse needs of all students by addressing their individual needs and learning styles in an inviting and inclusive atmosphere
• Utilize formative and summative data to drive instruction to monitor the learning of all students and guide relevant and embedded professional development
• Partner with parents and families keeping them informed of student progress and providing resources to assist their students
• Involve parents and families in collaborative communication
• Our core mission is to design engaging work for students and to lead students to succeed in that work.
• Students are volunteers of their time, effort and attention.
• All students can learn at higher levels than they are currently achieving
• Coordination, collaboration and connections are essential to a successful learning community.
• All members of the learning community contribute to a nurturing and engaging learning environment.
Core Business Statement:
The core business of Tippit Middle School is to promote, implement and support research-based practices for instructional leadership and teaching designed to provide meaningful and engaged student learning.
1. All staff members will be actively engaged in the WOW beliefs and framework.
2. All professional learning and development opportunities are high quality and reflective of the District mission and vision.
3. High quality extended learning opportunities are available for all students. (Instruction Designed for All Students’ Success)
4. All campus leaders are instructional leaders. (Strong Instructional Leadership)
5. Rigorous and relevant instruction is evident in all instruction. (Rigorous Standards and Instruction)
6. Our School is viewed as the centerpiece of the community life. (Parent and Community Involvement and A Positive School Culture)
7. Students will develop 21st century skills in a technology–rich environment.
Click here for more information.
August 8 – August 9 @ Benold Middle School
A list of submitted nominations for the name of Middle School # 4 was presented to the GISD School Board on August 15, 2016. Following GISD Board Policy, the district began soliciting nominations from the community on July 16, 2016 with a deadline of August 10, 2016.