"The business of schools is to design, create, and invent high-quality, intellectually demanding schoolwork that students find engaging."
- Dr. Phillip C. Schlechty
Georgetown ISD Vision and Mission
Home of the most inspired students served by the most empowered leaders.
Inspiring and empowering every learner to lead, grow, and serve.
• Meet the diverse needs of all students by addressing their individual needs and learning styles in an inviting and inclusive atmosphere
• Utilize formative and summative data to drive instruction to monitor the learning of all students and guide relevant and embedded professional development
• Partner with parents and families keeping them informed of student progress and providing resources to assist their students
• Involve parents and families in collaborative communication
• Our core mission is to design engaging work for students and to lead students to succeed in that work.
• Students are volunteers of their time, effort and attention.
• All students can learn at higher levels than they are currently achieving
• Coordination, collaboration and connections are essential to a successful learning community.
• All members of the learning community contribute to a nurturing and engaging learning environment.
Core Business Statement:
The core business of Tippit Middle School is to promote, implement and support research-based practices for instructional leadership and teaching designed to provide meaningful and engaged student learning.
1. All staff members will be actively engaged in the WOW beliefs and framework.
2. All professional learning and development opportunities are high quality and reflective of the District mission and vision.
3. High quality extended learning opportunities are available for all students. (Instruction Designed for All Students’ Success)
4. All campus leaders are instructional leaders. (Strong Instructional Leadership)
5. Rigorous and relevant instruction is evident in all instruction. (Rigorous Standards and Instruction)
6. Our School is viewed as the centerpiece of the community life. (Parent and Community Involvement and A Positive School Culture)
7. Students will develop 21st century skills in a technology–rich environment.
top 5 LifeChanger of the Year winner for the 2015-2016 school year!
At the district’s inaugural District Recognition Ceremony on May 9, Georgetown ISD announced the 2016 Elementary and Secondary Teachers of the Year. For the first time, the district also announced Employee of the Year awards for auxiliary, paraprofessional, and professional support employees. Click the headline above to read more about our 2016 Teacher and Employee of the Year Award recipients.
The Georgetown ISD Board of Trustees named the new principal for Ford Elementary and the new principal for Middle School #4 at its meeting on May 16. Click the headline above to learn about the new campus leaders coming to our district.
Give your child the gift of a second language! GISD will be offering Dual Language Kindergarten classes starting in the 2016-2017 school year. Click the headline above for parent information meeting dates and times.
Are you looking for enrichment, remediation, credit recovery, course acceleration, programs for students with special needs, or programs for students with advanced interests? Click the headline above for complete Summer 2016 program information.
If you were not able to attend Kindergarten and Pre-K registration on May 4, you can still contact your child's campus to make a registration appointment. We encourage you to register your child as soon as possible. For information on who can register, where to register, and what to bring with you, click the headline above.
At the January 19 Board of Trustees Meeting, the 2016-2017 school year calendar was approved. Click the headline above for a link to view and download next year's calendar.
Georgetown ISD is offering opportunities during the 2015-16 school year for secondary students to earn credit in academic subjects and for elementary students to accelerate a grade level by passing the appropriate examinations for acceleration. Click the headline above for information on registration deadlines and exam dates.