"The business of schools is to design, create, and invent high-quality, intellectually demanding schoolwork that students find engaging."
- Dr. Phillip C. Schlechty
Georgetown ISD Vision and Mission
Home of the most inspired students served by the most empowered leaders.
Inspiring and empowering every learner to lead, grow, and serve.
• Meet the diverse needs of all students by addressing their individual needs and learning styles in an inviting and inclusive atmosphere
• Utilize formative and summative data to drive instruction to monitor the learning of all students and guide relevant and embedded professional development
• Partner with parents and families keeping them informed of student progress and providing resources to assist their students
• Involve parents and families in collaborative communication
• Our core mission is to design engaging work for students and to lead students to succeed in that work.
• Students are volunteers of their time, effort and attention.
• All students can learn at higher levels than they are currently achieving
• Coordination, collaboration, and connections are essential to a successful learning community.
• All members of the learning community contribute to a nurturing and engaging learning environment.
GHS Encore Show Choir presents “A Holiday to Remember” and the EVHS Choir presents "Jolly Holiday."
George Wagner Middle School, Georgetown ISD’s newest campus, opened on Monday, Nov. 27.
Citing a growing tax base and good financial management practices, Standard & Poor’s has upgraded the bond rating for Georgetown ISD to “AA” from “AA-” in its rating report released earlier this month.
East View High School and Georgetown High School Choir students have advanced to Area auditions in January, at Midway High School in Waco.