English I PreAPWelcome to High School!To join my Remind platform (students OR parents): Text the number 81010 and type @2g28bb into the message. Remind will prompt you with instructions afterward.I cannot explain how excited I am to begin working with you this year! Some things you will need to know at the beginning of school:
I look forward to getting to know you!
- We had Summer Reading (it was on the school website all summer). You have a choice between The Book Thief or A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. When you finish reading the book (I will not check to see if you have annotations since that is a personal choice.), you will need to fill out a Major Works Data Sheet (MWDS). Please see my attached files below.
- We will read numerous works this year - so if you don't LOVE TO READ - you might consider changing your perspective on the written word. Good readers make good writers. Good writers are successful!
- We will work extensively in grammar this year. I prefer the Charlene Tess Simple Steps to Sentence Sense method. We begin by identifying different parts of speech to understand what they do in the sentence. Although a bit tricky, I find the logic of grammar very satisfying.
- We will read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho during 2nd semester. Please purchase or borrow a copy next January.
- We will be using Google Classroom often this year. All of our vocab, our research project, and a few other items will be done digitally, so get ready!