The Role of the Counselor at Annie Purl Elementary
The Annie Purl Counselor:
· Works with ALL students to encourage a safe, positive school climate of trust and respect.
· Teaches all classrooms with guidance lessons that are aligned to the American School Counseling Association Standards.
· Provides small group counseling for additional student support for 6-8 weeks each semester with parent permission.
· Meets with individual students to do brief solution-focused counseling.
· Helps students who are struggling to make positive behavior choices.
· Collaborates with parents/guardians, teachers, support staff, and administrators.
· Maintains confidentiality of students and their families unless there is a need to know or a safety concern.
· Coordinates benevolence and mentor/PALS programs to meet student needs.
· Supports the GT program by assisting in the referral/testing process.
· Supports students and parents with school related issues.
· Makes referral suggestions to parents for outside counseling regarding home issues.STUDENTS,I’m here to help you with...Adjusting to Change
Being Your Most Awesome Self!
Dealing with Anxiety
Improving Your Grades
Learning how to Study
Anything Your Feel is Important!
PARENTS,I’m here to help you by….
Ø Consulting on school related issues
Ø Providing community resources
Ø Offering parenting suggestions
Ø Supporting you with your concerns
Ø Helping you understand developmental stages of childhood