Human Anatomy and Physiology
Extra Credit Opportunities:
Watch a Ted Talk (go to http://www.ted.com/talks) - it should be about the subject of science. You are to write a ONE PAGE summary - you must use this page for your summary - not your own paper. You must have the following:
- title of the talk
- name of the speaker
- your name
- must be handwritten - will not accept typed summary
- must fill the page completely with your summary. You can go onto the back if you need but the front must be filled. It is an all or nothing assignment. If it is not all the way filled in, you won't get any credit.
It is worth 3 points on a test grade - you can only do 5 Ted Talks per nine weeks - for a total of 15 points.
Due date is Friday March 9th. Being absent on Friday March 9th will not get you an extension. Any Ted Talks handed in after 4:00 pm on Friday March 9th will NOT be counted.
NO EXCEPTIONS - NONE - SERIOUSLY - NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sign up for text or email reminders for Anatomy
You want to receive reminders from me about upcoming tests, quizzes, due dates, and other important class information?? Parents and students - sign up for my remind Anatomy class. Here is the Remind access for Anatomy.
Chapter Notes, diagrams, pictures, etc.
Chapter 1 - The Human body: An Orientation
body orientation and direction (picture of human and dog)
blank regional terminology for practice
blank abdominal regions and body cavities for practice
rat website #1: http://www.utm.edu/staff/rirwin/public_html/RatAnat.htm
rat website #3: http://www.savalli.us/BIO370/Anatomy/8.RatDissectionLabel.html
Chapter 2 - Chemistry Comes Alive
Chapter 3 - The Living Cell
Chapter 4 - Histology
Chapter 5 - Integumentary System
longitudinal section of skin - need to know for test!!
Chapter 6 - Bones and Skeletal Tissue
Chapter 7 - The Skeleton
Chapter 9 - Muscle and Muscle Tissue
Chapter 10 - The Muscular System
Chapter 18 - The Cardiovascular System: The Heart
Chapter 27 - The Reproductive System
week of 9-4-17
- Labor day - no school
- ch. 1 test
- ch. 1 worksheet due
- Begin ch. 2 notes - organic chemistry
week of 8-28
- ch. 1 notes
- finish ch. 1 notes
- ch. 1 quiz Thursday/Friday
- pass out ch. 1 worksheet - due on test day Tues/Wed 9-5-6
Thurs/Fri 8-31 and 9-1
- ch.1 quiz
- ch. 1 worksheet
- anatomical lab
week of 8-21
- begin ch. 1 notes
- Ch. 1 notes
- ch. 1 notes
week of 8-14-17
Monday-Wednesday - no school
- pass out/go over: course syllabus, class guidelines, etc.
- biology review
- print out prefix/suffix/root word handout from website
- print out chapter 1 notes/diagrams for Mon./Tues.