WHY DO KIDS NEED SCHOOL COUNSELING?
- Children learn best when they feel good about themselves and their relationships with others.
- Children who understand their feelings are better able to control their behavior.
- We know that stress can affect focus and learning, but its impact can be reduced with proven self-regulation strategies.
- Schools, parents, and communities that communicate and collaborate provide the most effective support to children.
- Attitudes formed during elementary school shape future attitudes towards learning, self, and society.
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Class counseling lessons
- Crisis intervention
- Consultation with parents, teachers, and administration
- Coordination with outside agencies
- Referrals for community services
COMMON COUNSELING ISSUES
- Anger management
- Conflict resolution
- Friendship skills
- Managing feelings
- Social skills
- Stress reduction