Google Classroom - please log on to our Google Classroom to see all assignments, labs, notes and extra handouts.
Remind - please sign up for Remind text alerts to help you manage your time and be prepared for class. Remind Instructions
Textbook Access - we will go through how to access the online textbook in class; if you miss the day we access the book please see me
Extra Credit -
If you need extra credit, here's the place you need to be. READ CAREFULLY so that you know what you can do for extra credit, how much it's worth and when it's due
- Go to http://www.ted.com/talks
- Pick a TED talk that interests you and watch
- Fill in this summary: TED talk summary.
- You must use the TED talk summary for your summary, not your own paper.
- You must hand write your summary. Typed submissions are not graded.
- You must have the title of the talk
- You must have the name of the speaker
- You must have your name
- You must fill the page completely with your summary. You can go onto the back if you need to but the front must be filled.
- It's an all-or-nothing assignment. If it's not all the way filled in, you won't get any credit.
- If you copy another persons summary or allow yours to be copied, I will not award you credit and both you and your partner in crime FORFEIT the right to future extra credit opportunities.
- What it's worth- 3 points on a test grade. I will usually add it onto the last test grade of the nine weeks
- Limit 5 Ted Talks per nine weeks.
- Due dates
- 1st nine weeks: by 4:30 pm
- 2nd nine weeks: by 4:30 pm
- 3rd nine weeks: by 4:30 pm
- 4th nine weeks: by 4:30 pm
- How serious is that deadline? Super-serious. Heart attack serious. Being absent on the due date will not get you an extension. Any handed in after 4:30 pm on the due date will count toward the next nine weeks but will not be counted on the current nine weeks.