Please log in to your NAVIANCE account to view SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION & Dates that Colleges are coming to visit your campus!Spring Assessment Information:
It is the Mission of the Georgetown Independent School District (GISD) to inspire and empower all learners to lead, grow and serve. It is with this mission in mind that we work to prepare our students for future college and/or career success. We would also like to take a moment to provide information on college/career readiness assessments that will be taking place in the Spring.
- Senate Bill 1843 requires school districts to provide an opportunity for students in grades 10-12 to take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test during school hours and at a time that limits conflict with extracurricular activity. GISD high schools will offer the ASVAB in January to all interested 10th, 11th and 12th For more information about the ASVAB, please visit http://official-asvab.com/.
- The Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA) is used to determine college-readiness for Texas students. Georgetown ISD will be providing the TSIA to all GISD 12th graders that have not met the college-readiness standard through other assessments. We will also provide the TSIA to any GISD 10th or 11th grade student that needs the assessment to register for Austin Community College (ACC) Dual Credit courses. GISD will provide the first attempt of the TSIA free of charge to students in either of these categories during the month of February. For more information about the TSIA, please check out the following: https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/sites/default/files/accuplacer-tsi-assessment-student-brochure-v2.pdf
- SAT® – School Day
- In our continued efforts to prepare our students to be college- and career-ready, Georgetown ISD (GISD) will be funding and administrating the SAT® exam free of charge to all GISD 11th On March 7th, 2018, our high schools will administer the SAT®, which is focused on the skills and knowledge learned in high school and is used for admission to most colleges and universities. Please be aware that there will be no make-up day for this school-day exam; therefore, please keep this in mind when scheduling appointments. GISD 12th graders who wish to take this exam can contact their campus for more information regarding payment and potential fee waivers. For more information about the SAT®, please check out the following: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/pdf/sat-school-day-student-guide.pdf
- Advanced Placement (AP) exams
- GISD high schools will be administering AP exams for students enrolled in AP courses during the month of May. Exam registration must be completed online and will be open from December 1, 2017 until March 1, 2018. Additional information and registration links can be found on the GISD high school websites.
We realize you may have additional questions about these tests and what they can do for your child. To learn more, please visit the links above or speak with your student’s school counselor. You may also contact Terri Conrad, Director of College & Career Readiness, at 512-943-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.
College & Career Readiness Contacts:
Michele Heckroth, College & Career Specialist, East View High School
Sam McCutchen, College & Career Specialist, Georgetown High School
Terri Conrad, Director of College & Career Readiness