The Georgetown ISD School and Community Relations office manages several social media tools to assist in communicating with parents and stakeholders. Currently, the tools listed below are the only "official" social media sites being used by the district. For more information regarding Georgetown ISD's social media efforts, please contact Brad Domitrovich, Director of School and Community Relations at (512) 943-1890.
- Twitter is a real-time information network that connects you to the latest stories and news about Georgetown ISD.
- Georgetown ISD's Twitter name is @GeorgetownISD.
- Tumblr is a microblogging platform and social networking website that allows users to post multi-media and other content to a short-form blog called a “tumblelog”.
- Georgetown ISD uses its Tumblr account as a "Quick Look". The purpose is to share "quick" stories, "quick" news items, and "quick" photos about the staff and students at Georgetown ISD.
- SlideShare is the world's largest community for sharing presentations. With 60 million monthly visitors, it is amongst the most visited 200 websites in the world.
- Georgetown ISD uses it's SlideShare account to share information about the school district, bond construction, and more.
- RSS or Rich Site Syndication (also 'Really Simple Syndication') feeds are free content from Georgetown ISD's web site that contain headlines, summaries, and links to the full page on the Web site.