Georgetown High School National Honor SocietySign up for RemindText @gf927 to 81010Did you get an orange slip? Here's the stuff you might need to fix it...
Service hours - The rules Here's the form to use: Service Hours Form
- missing a contract? Print this out and get it signed: GHS NHS Service Contract 2017-18
- missing hours or meetings? Complete the make up hours, print this out and fill it in: Make up hours form Turn it in to get yourself back in good standing!!
Service Hours Opportunities - All listed here are GROUP HOURS
- Spring hours are due May 11, 2018 for graduating seniors and May 18, 2018 for all other members.
- You may not document anything from before Jan 1, 2018 as spring hours. Spring hours occur during the spring semester.
- You need 10 hours of documented community service per semester.
- At LEAST 5 of the 10 hours MUST be designated as group hours
- Individual Hours can be accumulated on a service project or function of your choosing. This can be done by yourself or with others.
- Group hours are designated by the sponsors and officers and the opportunities are sent out via twitter, remind and always posted on this website. IF they are not posted here, they are not considered group hours.
- Use this form to document your hours: Service Hours Form
- Make sure you have signatures. Another option is to take a selfie of you doing the volunteer work and show it to any sponsor or officer and we'll sign as proof you completed it.
Cooper Elementary is having their school carnival April 6 from 5:30 - 7:00. They need help for about 4 hours (4-8) and will feed you (pizza and soda)!! See Mrs. Lisenby if youre interested.
BiG - Brookwood in Georgetown is a nonprofit organization that provides opportunities to physically and mentally challenged adults in our community. It's amazing!! On EVERY Tuesday all year from 6-9 pm, they would LOVE volunteers to help their clients finish projects they are working on. Address for BiG: 905 North Church Street. (If you can find the rec center and Zydeco Ice, you can find BiG. It's right in between!)
- Band UIL will need help in April. See Kaitlyn Norwood if you are interested in this opportunity.
- Students must attend meetings 3 times a semester. There's one in the morning and one in the afternoon and you only have to attend one of those each month. Here's the schedule for the meetings:
- March Tuesday 3/20 at 8:15 and 4:10
- April Tuesday 4/10 at 8:15 and 4:10
- May Tuesday 5/8 at 8:15 and 4:10...hours due that Friday 5/11 for graduating seniors. Hours due 5/18 for all others