END OF YEAR FLYER DISTRIBUTION
The deadline for receiving flyers for distribution is May 15, 2013. No flyers will be accepted for distribution after that time. All printed flyers must be received at the Central Admin Building by May 15, 2013. See other guidelines below.
Georgetown ISD Flyer Distribution Information
The information on this page was updated August 1, 2012. To download a PDF version of our Flyer Distribution Procedures, please click here
. These procedures are valid beginning with the 2012-2013 school year.
- The Georgetown Independent School District will consider requests to distribute materials to students and staff for non-profit and youth-oriented programs and organizations only.
- Participating organizations are required to show proof of non-profit status as recognized by the Internal Revenue Service non-profit 501(c)(3) organization code.
- Printed materials may not promote specific religious, sectarian, or political beliefs.
- No fundraising flyers are allowed from groups outside the school.
- Advertisements with little or no educational value will not be approved.
- Approved organizations and activities are not endorsed by the district.
- Georgetown ISD reserves the right of final approval for the release of any flier and may deny permission for any reason consistent with federal or state law, district policy, procedures or practices.
- All organizations wishing to submit a flyer for approval must contact the Superintendent’s Office (512-943-5015) or the Community Relations Office (512-943-1890) prior to approval for distribution. E-mail requests may be sent to:
- All flyers distributed by Georgetown ISD must include the following disclaimer printed at the bottom: "Approved for distribution but not endorsed by Georgetown ISD”.
- Flyer distribution requests are for a one-time distribution approval only. Flyers must be distributed no later than two weeks after approval date.
- The flyer should not contain advertising logos or promotions for any business or organization other than the approved organization that is submitting the flyer.
- No fundraising event or announcements of fundraising are allowed from groups outside the school, unless there is a direct educational value or significant benefit to students or the school.
- Flyers will not be distributed by the District through the use of the district’s electronic mail delivery system.
- Flyers will not be approved for distribution during:
- the first two weeks and the last two weeks of the academic year
- the week before and after the Winter Break
- the week before and after Spring Break
- other times as designated by district administration
- If at any time it is determined that materials presented for approval did not accurately represent the intent of the program, the approval of future flyers submitted by the requesting organization will be jeopardized.
- One or more of the following methods of distribution will be approved by the District to the organization:
- Distribution of materials individually to students at designated elementary schools.
- Materials that are made available for distribution at designated elementary schools or secondary schools.
- A flyer or poster to be displayed in a designated school or schools for either students or staff viewing.
Local Policy Regarding Distribution of Flyers
- Once approved, the organization must bring the copied flyers to the Georgetown ISD Central Administrative Building located at 603 Lakeway Drive in Georgetown for distribution. Please do not take approved flyers to any GISD schools or buildings.
- Flyers will need to be bundled and labeled depending on distribution method. Exact counts will be provided to the organization once approval is granted.
For Additional Information
- Please see GKDA (LOCAL) Nonschool Use of School Facilities Distribution of Non School Literature.
- Please contact Brad Domitrovich, Director of School and Community Relations at (512) 943-1890.