USTA Sanctioned Tournaments-Must be USTA member to play-Junior membership is about $20 annually.
Non-Sanctioned Tournaments-Any player can play. These types of tournaments usually smaller and played locally
ZAT (Zone Advancement Tournament)-Any junior can play in their age group. This is where most of the juniors in Texas start. If the player win this tournament, he/she will qualify for CHAMP level. Another way to Champ up is to get 65 points in four ZAT tournaments.
CHAMP Level players can play Champ Major Zone tournaments and are also encouraged to play Sanctioned Open Tournaments.
Champ level players that want to Super champ up need to get 80 champ points in 3 tournaments in a rolling twelve-month period.
SUPER CHAMP-Winner of CHAMP Tournament OR best three champ tournaments results add up to 80 points in a 12 months rolling period. This is the highest level in Texas you can play to get points for ranking. Super Champ level players can play Super Champ Major Zone tournaments and are encouraged to play Sanctioned Open Tournaments.
For more information about USTA TOURNAMENTS go to www.texas.usta.com and look under Junior section
HOW TO FIND TOURNAMENTS ONLINE?
1. Go to www.texas.usta.com
2. Under"Juniors" along the left hand side, scroll down to "tournament/rankings"
3. Select "Searchable Schedule"
4. If you know the tournament ID number, type that in and click "Find It"
5. If you don't know tournament ID number, Select Texas section and do a keyword search
Use "ZAT" for ZATs
Use "CMZ" for Championship Major Zone
Use "SCMZ" for Superchamp Major Zone
6. Select the month and year and click "Find It"
HOW TO REGISTER FOR A TOURNAMENT?
1. Click on "Click here to register online" in the middle of the tournament homepage.
2. You need USTA and credit card number in order to complete the registration
3. Verify and print your confirmation number
4. Check the Applicant List to see if your name is in the tournament
5. If you don't see your name, contact the tournament director