1.7 Controlling iPad Sounds & VolumeDIRECTIONS: Please read the information below and watch the demonstration videos to understand how to control sounds and volume on the iPad.
- To turn the volume up, press the volume rocker button on the side of the iPad up.
- To turn the volume down, press the volume rocker button on the side of the iPad down.
- To mute all sounds except music and videos
- Slide the Mute button on the side of the iPad down, which shows an orange dot.
- A bell with a line through it displays on your screen, indicating that sounds are muted.
- Remember, music and videos will still play. To fully mute your sound, follow the next step.
- To mute ALL sound from the iPad
- Press and hold the volume rocker button on the side of the iPad down.
- A speaker with no bars displays on your screen, indicating that no sound will come out of your iPad speakers.
Unable to see the videos below? If you are currently at a GISD campus attempting to view this page on an iPad, please follow these instructions to bypass the Lightspeed Filter:
- Click here. A new tab will open in your web browser.
- In the new tab, click Not you? in the top left corner of the page.
- Login with your GISD computer username and password.
- Close the new tab.
- Refresh this page. You will now be able to view the videos below.
After viewing the videos above, please proceed to section 1.8 Using the Onscreen Keyboard.
Last Modified on August 16, 2014