3.5 Updating AppsDIRECTIONS: Please view the video below to learn about when and how to update the apps on an iPad.
Unable to see the video below? If you are currently at a GISD campus attempting to view this page on an iPad, please follow these instructions to bypass the Lightspeed Filter:
- Click here. A new tab will open in your web browser.
- In the new tab, click Not you? in the top left corner of the page.
- Login with your GISD computer username and password.
- Close the new tab.
- Refresh this page. You will now be able to view the video below.
Below are the instructions that were covered in the video in text format. You may review them if you wish.After watching the video above and optionally reviewing the information below, please proceed to section 3.6 Strategies for Finding Good Apps.
Updating AppsWhen the App Store icon on an iPad has a red circle with white number in the top right corner, it means some of the apps on the iPad need to be updated. To update apps:
- Tap the App Store icon to open the App Store
- At the bottom of the App Store screen, tap Updates
- Tap Update All at the top left of the screen
- You may be prompted for the Apple ID Password. Enter it if prompted.
- You will see progress circles showing the update status of each of the apps.
- Apps which are updating will also say "Waiting" and their icons will be faded out on the home screen of your iPad until their updates are complete.
After watching the video above and optionally reviewing the information above, please proceed to section 3.6 Strategies for Finding Good Apps.
Last Modified on August 28, 2014