Gregory A. Rystad
Agriculture Science Teacher / FFA Advisor
Eastview High School
Phone: 943-5000 x. 8074
My Education & Teaching BackgroundWelcome to Mr. Rystad's Agriculture Science webpage. First and foremost I look forward to working with all of you in building and maintaining a successful Agriculture Program. One thing that is important to note, FFA is an integral part of any Agriculture Program. Membership and participation are highly encouraged for your continued success as an Agriculture Education student.I was born and raised in El Paso, Texas and we have been in the Georgetown area since August of 2013. I graduated from New Mexico State University with a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture with an emphasis in Agriculture and Extension Education.
1. Be on time (We operate on the principle: If you're early, you're on time; If you're on time, you're late; and if you're late, you're left!)
2. Come prepared to learn (pencils, paper, notebook, handouts, etc...)
3. Be respectful (Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, respect it!)
4. Leave your work area better than you found it, in lay terms, clean up after yourself.
5. All assignments are due at the beginning of the period, unless arrangements have been made in advance. Late work will be accepted using the districts formula 1 day (-10) 2 days (-20) 3 days (-30) and 4 days (0)
6. Make up work is to be done on your time, before school, at lunch, or after school.
7. Unless prompted, cell phone use is strictly prohibited in the classroom and lab.
8. Work from other classes will not be allowed during instructional time, when the time is given to you, you may work on other assignments.
9. The classroom is no place for bias, bigotry, or any other preconceived notions that one may have (leave them at home!) In the Agriculture classroom and lab, we are all Ag students, nothing more and nothing less!
10. Bring your sense of humor, you're going to need it!
A1- Ag Mech and Metal Tech
A2- Ag Facility Design and Fabrication
A4- AdvisoryA5- Ag Mech and Metal Tech
B6- Principles of AFNR
B9- AdvisoryB10- Conference