Student Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Starting in Fall 2013, middle school and high school students will be allowed to bring their own mobile technology devices to school. Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) increases the amount of technology available in the classroom, giving the students more hands-on access to technology devices for learning.
Student participation in BYOD is optional.
Campus BYOD Start Dates
The district will stagger the BYOD start dates for each secondary campus.
- Soft Launch by Specific GHS and EVHS Teachers: Wednesday, September 18, 2013
- Georgetown High School: Monday, September 30, 2013
- East View High School: Tuesday, October 15, 2013
- Richarte High School: Tuesday, October 15, 2013
- Benold Middle School: Monday, October 28, 2013
- Tippit Middle School: Monday, November 11, 2013
- Forbes Middle School: Monday, November 25, 2013
BYOD Parent/Guardian Information Sessions
Parents/guardians are invited to attend BYOD information sessions.
- Tippit Middle School PTA Executive Board Meeting: Wednesday, September 4, 2013 at 8:15 am in Tippit Teacher Workroom
- Benold Middle School PTA Executive Board Meeting: Friday, September 6, 2013 at 9:00 am in Benold Cafeteria
- Georgetown High School PTSA Executive Board Meeting: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 9:00 am in GHS Cafeteria
- Forbes Middle School PTA Executive Board Meeting: Thursday, September 19, 2013 from 8:00 am to 9:00 am in Forbes Room C-141
- East View High School PTSA Meeting: Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 6:30 at Taco Cabana in Wolf Ranch
- All Middle School Parents/Guardians are welcome to attend any of the following sessions:
- Thursday, October 3, 2013 from 6:00 pm to 6:30 pm in Benold Cafeteria
- Monday, October 7, 2013 from 6:00 pm to 6:30 pm in Tippit Cafeteria
- Wednesday, October 16, 2013 from 6:00 pm to 6:30 pm in Forbes Cafeteria
Graphic used with permission: Source
BYOD Information for Students & Parents/Guardians