Georgetown ISD Transfer Student Information
Transfers Governed by Board Policy
Intra-district (transfers between district schools) and inter-district (transfers of out-of-district students into GISD) transfers are governed by board policy. Except as outlined below, Georgetown ISD schools are closed to out-of-district transfer requests and students living in GISD are required to attend the school zoned for their residence address.
ALL GISD campuses are closed to Intra-District transfer requests with the following exceptions:
- Children of district employees. Child must attend campus where parent is employed or elementary or middle school closest to/zoned for the campus where the parent is employed.
- Students who are presently in or eligible for a unique instructional program or setting that is not offered at their home attendance zoned campus. (i.e. dual language program, etc.)
An Intra-District transfer request may be denied if any of the following conditions exist:
- Either sending or receiving principal or the Assistant Superintendent of Operations and School Leadership disagrees with the transfer.
- The parent/guardian cannot furnish transportation.
- The transfer is to avoid a discipline situation, academic difficulty, or attendance concerns.
- False information is provided on the transfer request.
All GISD campuses are closed to Out-of-District transfer requests with the following exceptions:
- Resident students who become nonresidents during the course of a semester shall be permitted to continue in attendance for the remainder of the semester. An appeal for an extension may be made to the Board when circumstances warrant.
- Children of nonresident district employees shall be eligible to attend District schools. Child must attend campus where parent is employed or elementary, middle school, or high school closest to/zoned for the campus where the parent is employed.
- Current transfer students shall be allowed to continue, subject to an evaluation of the transfer each year prior to June.
- Students who transfer into the District must follow all rules and regulations of the district, including the student code of conduct and attendance standards. Failure to fulfill these responsibilities may result in revocation of the transfer agreement.
For further information, please contact the district at 512-943-5000, ext. 6096.