The Georgetown ISD Board of Trustees officially called a November school bond referendum on August 16, 2010 after months of discussion and examination of district needs. Following a comprehensive presentation by the Bond 2010 Citizen’s Advisory Committee, the Board unanimously approved the bond election which was also approved by voters on November 2, 2010.
The bond referendum totaled $137,300,000 and was structured into two propositions.
Proposition #1 - $90,100,000
- Phase II - Georgetown East View High School, projected bond cost $41,200,000
- Renovate Georgetown High School (Hex, Cafeteria, Library), projected bond cost $15,300,000
- Renovate Georgetown High School (South Wing), projected bond cost $12,700,000
- McCoy Elementary School New Campus, projected bond cost $13,500,000
- Modify Frost Elementary School to K-5 Facility, projected bond cost $500,000
- District Central Receiving Warehouse, projected bond cost $900,000
- Technology and Security Upgrades, projected bond cost $4,000,000
- District-Wide Renovations, projected bond cost $2,000,000
- Relocate Richarte High School to current GHS Annex, projected bond cost $0
Proposition #2 - $47,200,000
- New Elementary School #11, projected bond cost $17,700,000
- New Middle School #4, projected bond cost $28,000,000
- Land Acquisition for Future Schools, projected bond cost $1,500,000
- Every month, Georgetown ISD’s Architectural Firms (Huckabee, Inc and SHW Group) provide project updates to our Board of Trustees. These presentations are uploaded to the District's "Presentation and Publications" page.