Pertinent Information for NJHS Members
1. 1st general meeting date and time are announced. If a student has a prior commitment, he/she should let one of the advisers know immediately. Otherwise you will be expected to attend.
2. Annual dues: $5.00 to be paid at the first general meeting
3. Officer elections: Information packets are available from the advisers. Elections will be held at the first general meeting after the induction ceremony.
The following officers will be elected: president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, historian, and public relations officer.
4. You are expected to attend one meeting a month. We will decide at the next meeting when the others will be held.
5. You are required to participate in all chapter-sponsored activities: service projects, fundraising projects, faculty appreciation projects, etc.
6. You are required to be involved in one or more individual service projects as approved by the advisers (to accumulate at least five hours of service) by the end of April. This must be documented on a Service Form you will get from one of the sponsors.
Candidates are asked to complete the final phase of the selection process by honoring the faculty and administration with their presence and participation in a formal induction of all new members at the Forbes Middle School cafetorium on an announced evening. This is a very special ceremony in that all of the candidates are formally presented to the school and community as the newest members of the Forbes M. S. Chapter of the NJHS.