"The business of schools is to design, create, and invent high-quality, intellectually demanding schoolwork that students find engaging."
- Dr. Phillip C. Schlechty
Georgetown ISD Vision and Mission
Home of the most inspired students served by the most empowered leaders.
Inspiring and empowering every learner to lead, grow, and serve.
• Meet the diverse needs of all students by addressing their individual needs and learning styles in an inviting and inclusive atmosphere
• Utilize formative and summative data to drive instruction to monitor the learning of all students and guide relevant and embedded professional development
• Partner with parents and families keeping them informed of student progress and providing resources to assist their students
• Involve parents and families in collaborative communication
• Our core mission is to design engaging work for students and to lead students to succeed in that work.
• Students are volunteers of their time, effort and attention.
• All students can learn at higher levels than they are currently achieving
• Coordination, collaboration, and connections are essential to a successful learning community.
• All members of the learning community contribute to a nurturing and engaging learning environment.
The Georgetown Independent School District Board of Trustees named Justin Del Bosque as the new principal for Forbes Middle School during its regularly scheduled meeting on Tuesday, April 17.
The district began exploring the development of a community-based accountability system last spring in an effort to develop a system that, while meeting general state standards, reflects the values of our community and also has meaning. When our community came together to develop the Learner Profile and refine the district’s strategic plan, you told us what matters to you. Now, we want you to tell us what questions you would need to have answered to indicate we are meeting your expectations. We hope to see you at this event.