"The business of schools is to design, create, and invent high-quality, intellectually demanding schoolwork that students find engaging."
- Dr. Phillip C. Schlechty
Georgetown ISD Vision and Mission
Home of the most inspired students served by the most empowered leaders.
Inspiring and empowering every learner to lead, grow, and serve.
• Meet the diverse needs of all students by addressing their individual needs and learning styles in an inviting and inclusive atmosphere
• Utilize formative and summative data to drive instruction to monitor the learning of all students and guide relevant and embedded professional development
• Partner with parents and families keeping them informed of student progress and providing resources to assist their students
• Involve parents and families in collaborative communication
• Our core mission is to design engaging work for students and to lead students to succeed in that work.
• Students are volunteers of their time, effort and attention.
• All students can learn at higher levels than they are currently achieving
• Coordination, collaboration, and connections are essential to a successful learning community.
• All members of the learning community contribute to a nurturing and engaging learning environment.
Pickett Elementary School and Tippit Middle School communication networks, including Internet and phone systems, are currently down due to construction inadvertently damaging phone and optical lines.
The Georgetown Independent School District is seeking membership for the District Performance Council (DPC). There are three categories of membership outside of the district: parents, community members and business members. In order to serve as a parent representative, you must have students enrolled in the district.