Georgetown ISD is a No Place for Hate school district. No Place for Hate helps to create and sustain inclusive school environments where all students feel valued and have the opportunity to succeed by promoting respect for individual difference. No Place for Hate also challenges bigotry and prejudice.
Georgetown ISD’s CTE program is becoming a national leader, and it’s thanks to a cohesive partnership between the school district and the community.
Georgetown ISD’s newest elementary school, Annie Purl Elementary, opened in August 2017, and was designed to support the district's Learner Profile, a strategic framework used to develop specific actions and measurable goals for instruction. This spring, that building was recognized by Learning by Design as an 2018 Outstanding Project.
"The business of schools is to design, create, and invent high-quality, intellectually demanding schoolwork that students find engaging."
- Dr. Phillip C. Schlechty
Georgetown ISD Vision and Mission
Home of the most inspired students served by the most empowered leaders.
Inspiring and empowering every learner to lead, grow, and serve.
- Meet the diverse needs of all students by addressing their individual needs and learning styles in an inviting and inclusive atmosphere
- Utilize formative and summative data to drive instruction to monitor the learning of all students and guide relevant and embedded professional development
- Partner with parents and families keeping them informed of student progress and providing resources to assist their students
- Involve parents and families in collaborative communication
- Our core mission is to design engaging work for students and to lead students to succeed in that work.
- Students are volunteers of their time, effort and attention.
- All students can learn at higher levels than they are currently achieving
- Coordination, collaboration, and connections are essential to a successful learning community.
- All members of the learning community contribute to a nurturing and engaging learning environment.