"The business of schools is to design, create, and invent high-quality, intellectually demanding schoolwork that students find engaging."
- Dr. Phillip C. Schlechty
Georgetown ISD Vision and Mission
Home of the most inspired students served by the most empowered leaders.
Inspiring and empowering every learner to lead, grow, and serve.
• Meet the diverse needs of all students by addressing their individual needs and learning styles in an inviting and inclusive atmosphere
• Utilize formative and summative data to drive instruction to monitor the learning of all students and guide relevant and embedded professional development
• Partner with parents and families keeping them informed of student progress and providing resources to assist their students
• Involve parents and families in collaborative communication
• Our core mission is to design engaging work for students and to lead students to succeed in that work.
• Students are volunteers of their time, effort and attention.
• All students can learn at higher levels than they are currently achieving
• Coordination, collaboration, and connections are essential to a successful learning community.
• All members of the learning community contribute to a nurturing and engaging learning environment.
Click here for more information.
Last year's season ticket holders for East View High School and Georgetown High School have the first option to renew season tickets beginning Monday, August 7, 2017 through Friday, August 18, 2017. You will receive an email with online renewal instructions the morning of August 7th.
If your student is returning to GISD this year, parents need to complete the returning student registration forms online before schedules or homeroom teacher assignments are released. This process takes just a few minutes and helps provide us with critical health and safety information for your student. Read more by clicking the link above.