Charges and Parameters of a Citizens Advisory Committee
Goal of the Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC)
The goal of the Citizens Advisory Committee is to involve constituents of Georgetown Independent School District in evaluating the possible need for renovated and/or new facilities for the purpose of supporting quality educational programs.
What is the Purpose of the Citizens Advisory Committee?
The purpose of the Citizens Advisory Committee is to provide facility and equipment recommendations to Georgetown ISD Board of Trustees after having studied current facilities, educational programs, student population trends associated with the school district, and other data relevant to providing quality educational programs for all students.
Charges to the Committee
The Citizens Advisory Committee represents all stakeholders of Georgetown Independent School District and is asked to provide meaningful information to the district by developing recommendations that:
- Consider the educational needs of all students
- Provide an adequate and appropriate learning environment
- Is fiscally sound
- Reflect community values and perceptions of need
- Include recommended solutions for aging facilities and program need
- Include recommended solutions for new facilities needed to accommodate student population growth
- Are based on current, relevant data and best practices
- Adhere to law and policy that govern school construction and bond issue requirements,
- To the extent possible, provide the school district with recommendations that reflect the
support of registered voters as measured by a statistically valid community survey
Who can serve on the CAC?
- The Citizens Advisory Committee will be comprised of individuals from the community who represent the diversity and complex interests within Georgetown ISD.
- Committee members must live within the boundaries of the Georgetown Independent School District.
Parameters of the Committee
- Significant recommendations for renovating existing facilities and/or building new facilities will require a source of funding that is only available with a voter-supported bond issue.
- If a bond issue is recommended, it should be fiscally conservative, emphasizing cost-effective recommended solutions.
- The CAC recommendation(s) should address immediate and future facility needs of the school district to the extent members feel are financially prudent.
- The Citizens Advisory Committee will have access to data and resources provided by Georgetown ISD in order to develop appropriate facility recommendations.
- The CAC recognizes that the committee’s role is to provide recommendations to the Board of Trustees of Georgetown ISD and that the Board of Trustees will determine the structure and content of any potential bond issue.
- The Citizens Advisory Committee agrees to communicate progress and submit information requests to the school district in a timely fashion and provide regular updates to Georgetown ISD and community stakeholders.
- The CAC will submit recommendations to Georgetown ISD early enough for the school district to study the recommendations and to legally call an election if a bond issue is appropriate.
2023 Committee Meeting Notes
2023 Committee Meeting Dates
Sept. 26, 2023
Oct. 17, 2023
Nov 14, 2023
East View HS
Dec 12, 2023
Jan. 9, 2024
Meeting 6 (if needed)
Jan 23, 2024