Links to a variety of informative and fun websites.
Here are some of the great sites available – some are just for fun, while others will really make you think.
- Amusement Park has interactive games for physics.
- Bubbledome: A fun site with creative and interactive activities.
- Explore your knowledge with online quiz for years five and nine students on maths, science, and civicsquestions and see the results from around the world based on the same question.
- Figure this! has maths activities for students and their families, working at New Zealand level 3 onwards in algebra, number, geometry, measurement, and statistics.
- Funbrain’s games help students build on what they have learned in class and acquire new skills in reading, math, and problem solving.
- Kids Com – Games has interactive games and puzzles which focus on fun, learning, and Internet safety.
- Kids Psych: This site for 'understanding ourselves and understanding each other' contains creative thinking activities for young children.
- Learning Games for Kids: Educational games that help build skills in math, language, science, social studies, and more.
- Little Shop of Physics hosts a collection of hands-on science experiments intended for all levels from early childhood up. Students can choose from experiments using common household items or experiments they can do with their computers.
- Math activities for Year 6 to 9 students.
- Maths Cats: Explore the World has interactive mathematics activities.
- Maths Counts has interactive math activities.
- Primary Games: Educational games that help build skills in math, science, social studies, and more.
- National Geographic for Kids has animal video, audio and fun facts, craft activities, quizzes, recipes, maps, and a pen pal network.
- Superthinkers is a collection of interactive mysteries, games, and activities written by Peter Reynolds.
- The Art of Crime Detection for Year 7 and 8 students has an interactive web activity consisting of an introductory animation, two crime-solving scenarios, and a open-ended drawing tool.
- The Brain Explorer is an online book contains brain activities for fun, puzzles, riddles, illusions and other mental adventures for students aged 9 to 12.
- WickED has learning activities in English and te reo Māori. The activities have a literacy, numeracy or ESOLfocus.