Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Ruiz Saberbein
I’m very happy to be your Spanish teacher. Together, you can learn how to communicate with people in a different language, and open the doors to a more successful career in your life.
(512)943-1800 ext. 8082
1: Spanish 2
3: Spanish 2
4: Spanish 3
5: Spanish 2
6: Spanish 3
8: Spanish 3
East View High School
Sra. Ruiz Saberbein
(512) 943-8082 ext. 8082
¡Bienvenidos! I’m very happy to be your Spanish teacher. Together, you can learn how to communicate with people in a different language, and open the doors to a more successful career in your life.
Students will increase their skills and knowledge of the Spanish language through listening, reading, speaking, and writing. They will also increase their awareness of the customs, arts, and geography associated with Spanish speaking countries.
Class Rules and Procedures
- All rules in the student handbook are to be followed without variation.
- Bring class materials and completed assignments to class daily.
- Abusive and offensive language is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Students will exhibit courtesy and respect toward all other students at all times.
- Keep phones away at all times unless instructed otherwise (If it’s seen, it’ll be taken away, 3x=office referral.)
- Follow my directions for all classroom activities. LISTEN.
- Wear your mask at all times, it’s mandatory.
- MAKE-UP QUIZZES/TESTS and RE-TESTS- Students will make up quizzes/tests during FLEX time, NOT during class time. Any time a student scores a failing grade (69 or below) on a test, that student is allowed to re-take it. The student has 1 calendar week (5 days) to re-take a test. This must be done during FLEX, and the student must schedule a time with me for the re-take so that I can have the necessary materials ready.
- MAKE-UP WORK- If you have been absent, please check google classroom.
- TESTS & QUIZZES- A grammar quiz and a vocabulary quiz will be given for each unit. At least one major test will be given for the chapter. POP QUIZZES ARE ALWAYS A POSSIBILITY, so be prepared.
70% Tests/quizzes, oral proficiency, & projects 40% 9 Week Avg. 50% 1st Semester Avg.
30% Daily work and homework 40% 9 Week Avg. 50% 2nd Semester Avg.
100% 9 Week Avg. 20% Semester Exam 100% Yearly Average
100% Semester Avg.
Cheating is unacceptable. Anyone caught cheating will receive a zero and/or a discipline referral. Cheating includes, but is not limited to:
- Copying another student’s work on tests, quizzes, homework, etc.
- Allowing students to copy your work
- Having someone else do your assignments for you
Consequences: Warning, student conference, parent notification, detention, office referral.
For my class you will need to bring:
4) Pen, pencil