Extension Classes grades 1-5
ENRICHMENT SCHEDULE (M, Tu, Th, F)
Safe Search Engines:
1st/2nd grade: 9:00-9:45
1st semester: Math Pentathlon, Coding, Team Building, Soft Skills, TSPS- Animal Nation
Animal Research links
1) San Diego Zoo for Kids: Great animal photos!! Easy to read facts.
2) National Geographic for Kids: There are no better pictures on the Internet. Lots of comprehensive facts too.
3) Ranger Rick: LOVE that this site is full of facts mixed in with PDF files from their magazine. Awesome.
4) Wild Kratts on PBS: Check out Creaturepedia!! Fun facts for kids.
5) Animal Fact Guide: The reading level is geared for older students; however, the text is comprehensive and printer-friendly too!
6) Soft Schools: A hidden treasure with straight-forward facts about tons of different critters.
7) Science Kids: A simple and straight-forward collection of animals and facts.
8) Enchanted Learning: Lots of animal printouts great for kids.
9) ESpecies Fact Sheets: Got an endangered species to research? Can't go wrong with this website.
10) Smithsonian National Zoo: Facts! Videos! Live cams!
11) Pebble Go- audio books about Animals
12) FRAGRANCE LIBRARY- how animals use smell. (Thank you to Nicole and her girl scout troop for recommending this website)
3rd grade: 2:00-2:45
1st semester: Math Pentathlon, Coding, Team Building, Soft Skills, TSPS- Island Survivor. Lego Simple Machines
4th grade: 10:45-11:30
1st semster: Coding, Team Building, Soft Skills, TSPS- Innovation Celebration
5th grade: 1:15-2:00
1st semester: Robiotics- Mindstorm, Team Building, TSPS- Culture Shock
- Discover America…….http://www.visittheusa.com
- Hawaii: http://www.govisithawaii.com/
- Flordia: http://www.visitflorida.com/en-us.html
- Montana: http://www.visitmt.com/
- Wyoming: http://www.travelwyoming.com