Microsoft Office 365 (Online)
Georgetown ISD uses Microsoft Office 365's free online educational tools which allow staff and students to create online documents (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, or forms). Students can work individually on their documents, or educators can instruct students to work collaboratively on documents in real time. Students can also store documents online, making their ability to organize and access work more convenient than ever.
Tool / App Microsoft Office 365 Online file storage OneDrive Word processing Word Online Spreadsheet Excel Online Presentation PowerPoint Online Form/Survey Excel Online Survey Notebook OneNote Online Classroom Collaboration Class Notebook Email / CalendarGeorgetown ISD uses Gmail for staff and student email and calendarAll employees and students have Microsoft Office 365 online accounts.Instructions for Logging In To Microsoft Office 365 Online
- In a web browser, go to https://portal.office.com
- Enter your Georgetown ISD Office 365 username
- Students: Student's GISD computer username, followed by @georgetownisd.org
- For example, Ann Smith's username might be SmithA1234@georgetownisd.org
- Staff: Staff member's GISD email address
- If prompted, select Work or school account
- Enter your Georgetown ISD Office 365 password (For both students and staff, your Office 365 password is the same as your GISD computer password)
- Click the Sign in buttonWhat rules must students and employees follow when using Microsoft Office 365?
Microsoft Office 365 accounts fall under Georgetown ISD’s Technology Responsible Use Policy for Students and for Employees, which outlines responsible and appropriate use of school computers, accounts, networks, and systems. Students and employees may access their Microsoft Office 365 accounts from home, but the accounts are intended for educational use, not personal use. District administrators are able to access student accounts when needed, and have the right to monitor account usage and deny access if students are not following the Technology Responsible Use Policy for Students.Office 365: General InformationThe pages below contain training, quick start guides, and other resources for using specific Office 365 tools. These links are also available in the left navigation of this website under Microsoft Office 365 (Online).