I am excited to be the math interventionist. One of my favorite things is spending my days with kiddos! This is my 16th year to teach and my third year in this position! Although I was an English major, math is my favorite subject to teach! I fell in love with math as a teacher.
Here are a few things you might want to know about me:
- I moved to Georgetown six years ago after 17 years in Richardson Texas. I feel like I moved home because I went to junior high and high school in Austin.
- I graduated from Westlake High School in 1991...that was a long time ago!!!
- I am a kangaroo! I graduated from Austin College with both a degree in English and a Masters in Teaching.
- I have been married to David for 26 years. He was my college sweetheart and still makes me smile and belly laugh!
- I have 2 sweet boys. Will is 20 and a junior at Texas A&M studying mechcanical engineering. Grant is 18 and a freshman at The University of Mary Hardin Baylor studying business and playing golf.
- This is the first year my husband and I are empty nesters. We love to go out on the lake, hike and walk golf course.
If you are looking for me outside of the classroom, you will find me with my family and friends most likely at a sporting event.
Looking forward to a great year at Village!!!
Phone: 512-943-5140 x7429
Degrees and Certifications:
BA in English from Austin College
MA in Teaching from Austin College