7th / 8th Grade Physical Education
Welcome to PE!! We are happy to have your child in our class!!
PE will be a yearlong course. Objectives this year consist of identifying and describing benefits of regular physical activity and making fitness goals and working toward those goals.
PE Grading Policy:
50% of total grade: PE based on participation
50% of total grade: Dressing out and Skills Assessments
We are going to participate in a wide variety of activities during the year. Some of the scheduled activities include: Volleyball, football, kickball, badminton, soccer, basketball, cooperative games, track, tennis and others…
Each student will need to purchase a PE uniform through the BMS Boys or Girls Physical Education Departments. This uniform consists of an Eagle PE shirt (with last name on back) and a pair of royal blue shorts (with a 6 inch inseam)…Uniforms may be purchased for $24 during the first week of school. In addition your child will need tennis shoes (shoes that have laces, are tied and are unmarking) and socks each day. If your child already has a PE uniform from a previous year, a new uniform does not need to be purchased.
PE Rules and Procedures:
- Students must be in the dressing room by the tardy bell.
- Students must go directly to the locker room. Do not horse play or socialize in the hallway.
- Students have 5 minutes after the bell to be dressed. Dress out for class EVERYDAY!
- There will be NO HORSE PLAY, OR FIGHTING in the locker room or other PE facilities. Fighting will result in an immediate referral to the principal’s office.
- No jewelry can be worn during class- Safety Issue
- The use of profanity will not be tolerated
- When two whistles are blown consecutively during class, everyone must stop the activity and talking immediately. Please listen for further instruction from the coach.
- Courtesy and respect will be shown for classmates and adults at all times.
- All district and school rules, regulations and policies will be followed.
- Personal items must be locked in the provided lockers. Theft is an immediate office referral and will result in BIC.
- Verbal Warning
- Loss of Activity Time
- Teacher conference with Student
- Phone call to parents
- Referral to the Principal’s office
Excuse from PE Participation
For a student to be excused from participation he/she must bring a note from their parent/guardian stating why activity should be limited or avoided. Their excuse will be honored for a maximum of 3 days if requested (the number of days, maximum of three, must be stated on note). Anything over 3 days will require a doctor’s excuse. THE STUDENT MUST STILL DRESS OUT EVEN THOUGH AN EXCUSED NOTE IS PROVIDED. An alternate assignment will be provided.
The note must include:
Date or dates to be excused
Parent, guardian or physician’s signature
Students will be assigned a locker and a combination lock for their clothes. The combination lock must be returned at the end of the course. If the lock is lost, the student must pay a $5.00 fine. It is a student’s responsibility to secure their belongings in their lockers!
GISD has moved into the Bring Your Own Device program we want to make sure all student property is protected while in PE. Devices will not be used during PE class. We would prefer students not bring devices into the locker room. If a student must bring in their device, then it must be turned off and it is the student’s responsibility to secure it in their locker. The coaching staff and school are not responsible for items left unlocked.
We are looking forward to a wonderful year! Please feel free to contact us for any reason.
BENOLD MS PHYSICAL EDUCATION COACHES
John Crutchfield email@example.com
Boys PE Teacher 943-5090 x 6994
Elizabeth Graham firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls PE Teacher 943-5090 x 6993
George Hauser email@example.com
Boys and Girls PE Teacher 943-5090 x 6994
PHYSICAL LIMITATION FORM FOR PHYSICAL EDUCATION CLASS
STUDENT’S NAME Class period ___________
Does your child have any condition(s) that may limit physical activity?
If yes, please describe limitation(s) ______________________________________________________________________________
Please sign and return to the Physical Education Teacher.
Parent/Guardian (PLEASE PRINT) Student Signature
Home Phone # Work # (Father) Work # (Mother)