"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." --Plato
1st Nine Weeks: Fall Concert Veteran's Day Concert Region
2nd Nine Weeks: Winter Concert
3rd Nine Weeks: UIL
4th Nine Weeks: Spring Concert
Grading Policy – The following categories are established by Tippit Middle School
Homework/Classwork – 40% - in choir this will include weekly participation and classroom assignments. All student assignments should be completed in pencil.
Tests/Assessments – 60% - in choir this will include concert performances, singing tests and written tests. By district policy: Concerts are graded, required activities which count as test grades. 50% of this grade is determined by pre-concert rehearsal grades and the other 50% is determined by each student’s contribution to the concert.
- Compartmentalize: Leave everything unrelated at the door. Come to class focused and ready to work.
- Effort: Full engagement and participation is expected in all rehearsals and performances.
- Calm, Composed, & Confident: Three essential aspects of successful choral singers. Students are expected to exhibit these traits when in the choral setting.
Materials: Binder and Music will be provided for students. Students must be repared with a pencil.
Tutoring: Fridays from 8:15 to 8:40. Available before or after school upon request
- Keep all food including chewing gum outside the classroom.
- Water is the only permitted beverage in the choir class.
- Piano and classroom equipment should only be used by the teacher.
All Students will be supplied a choir t-shirt.
Beginning Choir students will wear the choir t-shirt and jeans for all concert performances.
Varsity and JV Choirs will wear the choir t-shirt for the Fall Concert, Festival performance and Spring Concert.
Varsity and JV Treble Choirs will wear concert black for the Winter Concert, Pre-UIL Concert and UIL performance.
Varsity and JV Men’s Choirs will wear khaki/tan pants and a blue polo for the Winter Concert, Pre-UIL Concert and UIL performance.
Items to Complete:
Return Required Forms:
All choir students are required to have the following forms on file with the Tippit Choir. These forms should be completed and returned by Friday, September 13th.
Additional copies of these forms can be found in the "Files & Forms" section of the TMS Choir Website.
- GISD Medical Form (front and back)
- GISD MS Choir Handbook Contract and Code of Compliance (handbook available on website)
- Permission to Travel Form
- Permission/Decline to Publish Names Form
- Choir Dues Form