GISD zoned our school boundaries to optimize student capacity at our facilities while accommodating for our district’s student growth. Recognizing that GISD is a fast growth district, our intent is to develop boundaries that will allow us to rezone in a manner that has the least impact on students.
- Create attendance zones that utilize the student capacity of existing and new facilities.
- Create vertical feeder patterns for all campuses across the district.
- Minimize the impact on students and families.
Considerations1. Demographics2. Feeder Patterns3. Transportation4. Future Growth-Projections5. Special Programs
Using the Zone Locator
- Type your address in the top left-hand search box
- It will zoom into that location with a pop-out window that includes the address
- If you typed in an address, you can click on the location dot and the appropriate zoned school will open in a pop-out window
- You can click on the black arrow to scroll through the schools zoned to that address
Rezoning Presentation Slides
The last rezoning effort was conducted in 2020 to create attendance zones for new elementary schools: Williams and Wolf Ranch. Click the presentation link to view details of that process.