This web page provides links to other Internet pages created and maintained by other organizations. Links are only for the convenience of website users and we are not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor do we endorse or guarantee the services or information offered at these sites.
Documents/Resources for Parents:Click on the link below to find a list of books and videos recommended by Georgetown ISD counselors.Drug and Alcohol Education for Parents and Teens
- www.drugfreeworld.org/ - The Foundation for a Drug-Free World is a nonprofit public benefit corporation that empowers youth and adults with factual information about drugs so they can make informed decisions and live drug-free.
- Growing Up Drug Free: A Parent's Guide to Prevention
- Get Smart about Drugs - A DEA resource for parents, educators, and caregivers
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids - Helpline 1-855-DRUGFREE
- Youth Suicide and Self-Harm Prevention: 2017 Resource Guide | Children's Safety Network - Suicide Prevention Resource Guide
- Suicide Prevention Handout for Teens
Social Media and Digital Safety:
- Smart Social: Learn how to shine online - https://smartsocial.com/
Other Resources/Links for Parents:
- Help for Parents. Hope for Kids. http://www.helpandhope.org/
- Health, Safety, and Recalls - Consumersaferty.org presents health and safety information for children, families, parents, and seniors. Use the links to access important information related to consumer safety: https://www.consumersafety.org/ OR https://www.consumersafety.org/products/children
- START class hosted by Williamson County Juvenile Services. The START Class educates and diverts youth from the juvenile justice system. Topics include: Making good choices regarding peers, substance use and school, and reviewing responsibility and consequences for their behavior.
Videos for Parents:
Parent Workshops & Seminars
May 22, 2018 from 6:00-7:30 PM
April 17, 6:00 PM, East View High School
February 27, 6:30 pm, McCoy Elementary School
October 23, 6:00 pm, Georgetown High School
September 18, 6:00 pm, Georgetown High School