This web page provides links to other Internet pages created and maintained by other organizations. Links are only for the convenience of website users and we are not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor do we endorse or guarantee the services or information offered at these sites.
Documents/Resources for Parents:Click on the link below to find a list of books and videos recommended by Georgetown ISD counselors.Drug and Alcohol Education for Parents and Teens
- www.drugfreeworld.org/ - The Foundation for a Drug-Free World is a nonprofit public benefit corporation that empowers youth and adults with factual information about drugs so they can make informed decisions and live drug-free.
- Growing Up Drug Free: A Parent's Guide to Prevention
- Get Smart about Drugs - A DEA resource for parents, educators, and caregivers
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids - Helpline 1-855-DRUGFREE
- Help.org - Texas Rehab and Recovery Resources
- Youth Suicide and Self-Harm Prevention: 2017 Resource Guide | Children's Safety Network - Suicide Prevention Resource Guide
- Suicide Prevention Handout for Teens
Social Media and Digital Safety:
- Resources for GISD Parents: Keeping Kids Safe Online
Parenting presentation on developing a family technology responsible use contract & parental control app overview.
- Family Technology Responsible Use Contract Sample
Starter contract for building your own.
- Smart Social
Learn how to shine online
- Common Sense Media
Reviews of software, apps, games, TV, movies, and more, with age-appropriate guidelines.
- Wait Until 8th
Resources for parents who want to postpone smartphone use until 8th grade or later, with parent pledges and campus campaign materials.
- Protect Young Eyes
Internet safety resources, articles, and reviews for parents, with great parental control reviews and step-by-step guides.
- Parenting in a Tech World
Facebook group with 12,000+ parents - resource for parents with questions about parental controls on any device.
Other Resources/Links for Parents:
- Help for Parents. Hope for Kids. http://www.helpandhope.org/
- Health, Safety, and Recalls - Consumersaferty.org presents health and safety information for children, families, parents, and seniors. Use the links to access important information related to consumer safety: https://www.consumersafety.org/ OR https://www.consumersafety.org/products/children
- START class hosted by Williamson County Juvenile Services. The START Class educates and diverts youth from the juvenile justice system. Topics include: Making good choices regarding peers, substance use and school, and reviewing responsibility and consequences for their behavior.
Videos for Parents:
Parent Workshops & Seminars
May 7th 6- 7:00 PM
LOC: McCOY ELEM.
PRESENTER: WENDY PERRY