Facility Scheduling & Rental
GISD uses an online facility scheduling system called FSDirect to reserve spaces and coordinate support for events. Facility requests are submitted online. Requests are routed through an approval process and become activated schedules upon final approval/activation. Please see the sections below for more information.
GISD EVENTS (Staff)This section is for staff members to request facilities for GISD only activities. Staff members who are part of an external organization need to follow the instructions under Rental Events. All activities occurring outside of school hours (campuses) or business hours (admin facilities) must be scheduled through FSDirect. Examples: open house, book fair, staff meeting, volleyball game, choir concert, student council meeting, professional learning, parent info night, etc.All facility requests go through a multi-step routing process. Events are not finalized until the status is Approved/Activated.
Submit a Request:Click on the Requester Guide (instructional guide) then use the link below to submit a request.
FSDirect for high-level users:High-level users should click on the link & guides below:
- Link for high-level users
- Location Approver Guide (instructional guide)
- Service Provider Guide (instructional guide)
RENTAL EVENTS (External Organizations)This section is for external organizations to request the use of GISD facilities. This includes staff members who are part of an external organization. Examples: PTA or Booster Club activities, athletic activities for non-GISD teams, scouting activities, church activities, etc.ATTENTION RENTALS:
RENTALS - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- 2021-22: We are unable to accept new facility requests from non-profit and for-profit requests for the remainder of the school year. This is due to a shortage of event staff (11/21).
- Current facility requests with a status of approved/activated will proceed.
- We'll continue to process new facility requests for organization types 1 & 2 that support 75% - 100% of Georgetown ISD students.
- All facility requests go through a multi-step routing process. Events are not finalized until the status is Approved/Activated.
- 2022-23: Facility requests from non-profit & for-profit groups for next school year have not been decided at this time. Please check the website periodically throughout the summer for updates.
External organizations may submit requests for the new school year beginning August 1 for events starting August 15 (pending non-profits & for-profits due to staffing shortage). No rental events allowed from August 1 - 14. This allows time for requests to be processed as our staff prioritize school-related events first.
- Rental Requests for EACH School Year
- Facility Usage Handbook & Routing Process
- Prior to submission of facility requests, you will be required to agree to the terms & conditions, pricing, etc. outlined in the Facility Usage Handbook. This serves as a contract.
- After submission, facility requests go through a multi-step routing process. Facility requests are not finalized until the status is Approved/Activated. You'll receive email notifications throughout the process.
- Rental Fees - New for 2022-23
- All fees (room & personnel) will increase beginning August 1, 2022. Please note the fees haven't been finalized. The handbook will be updated prior to August 1.
- Insurance - New for 2022-23
- For EACH request, a one-page COI must be uploaded to the facility request prior to submission. Please do not email.
- Please make sure the requested dates on the facility request are covered within the policy dates. No overlaps.
- Facility requests submitted without a COI, incorrect COI, or overlap in coverage will be denied.
- Please read the insurance requirements outlined within the Facility Usage Handbook, pages 6 & 7. Feel free to forward the requirements to your insurance agent.
- Prohibitions - Extra fees will be applied if violated. The list can be found in the Facility Usage Handbook.
- Playoff Games - Other school districts who would like to request the use of GISD secondary athletic facilities should call the Athletics Department at (512) 943-5106.
- Fine Arts - Theaters
- PAC and EVT theaters are not available for rent during the months of July & August.
The following dates have been designated "Holiday/No Rental." The online system will automatically block rental requests for these dates. If you're requesting multiple dates that span over any of these holidays, please use the Normal Schedule Type and do not include these dates on your facility request.
- Holiday / No Rental Dates
- 2022-2023 School Year
- July 3 - 4, 2022 (4th of July)
- September 3 - 5, 2022 (Labor Day weekend)
- November 24 - 25, 2022 (Thanksgiving)
- December 17 - 26, 2022 (Christmas week)
- December 31 - January 1, 2023 (New Year's)
- April 7 - 10, 2023 (Easter weekend)
- Custodial fees 1.5 times normal rate: November 26 - 27, 2022 (Thanksgiving weekend)
- Custodial fees 1.5 times normal rate: March 16 - 19, 2023 (Spring break)
- Custodial fees 1.5 times normal rate: May 27 - 29, 2023 (Memorial weekend)
Here are the instructions on how-to Register and Submit a facility request via the online scheduling system called FSDirect:
- Step 1 - Click on the Facility Usage Handbook. You are required to agree to the terms & conditions, pricing, etc. prior to submitting a facility request.
- Step 2 - Click on the CommunityUse Guide 1 (instructional guide) to Register as a contact for your organization.
- Step 3 - Upon registration approval, click on the CommunityUse Guide 2 (instructional guide) to Submit requests.
Reminders: PLEASE READ THE NEW RENTAL INFORMATION LISTED ABOVE BEFORE SUBMITTING A FACILITY REQUEST.
Athletic Facilities (high schools & middle schools)Vickie WilliamsAthletic Facility Scheduler512-943-5000 x6105
Athletic StadiumJason DeanAthletic Director
Fine Arts Theater FacilitiesGretchen ParkerSecretary512-943-5000 x7549
email@example.comPAC TheaterDean BakerTechnical DirectorEVT TheaterThomas DeLaurierTechnical DirectorOther, Additional InfoKathy O'ConnorDistrict Scheduler