Facility Scheduling & Rental
GISD uses an online facility scheduling system called FSDirect to reserve spaces and coordinate support for events. Facility requests are submitted online. Requests are routed through an approval process and become activated schedules upon final approval/activation. Please see the step-by-step instructions below for more information.
GISD EVENTS (Staff)This section is for staff members to request facilities for GISD only activities. Staff members who are part of an external organization need to follow the instructions under Rental Events. All activities occurring outside of school hours (campuses) or business hours (admin facilities) must be scheduled through FSDirect. Examples: open house, book fair, staff meeting, volleyball game, choir concert, student council meeting, professional learning, parent info night, etc.All facility requests go through a multi-step routing process. Events are not finalized until the status is Approved/Activated.
Submit a Request:Click on the Requester Guide (instructional guide) then use the link below to submit a request.
FSDirect for high-level users:High-level users should click on the link & guides below:
- Link for high-level users
- Location Approver Guide (instructional guide)
- Service Provider Guide (instructional guide)
RENTAL EVENTS (External Organizations)This section is for external organizations to request the use of GISD facilities. This includes staff members who are part of an external organization. Examples: PTA or Booster Club activities, athletic activities for non-GISD teams, scouting activities, church activities, etc.NEW IMPORTANT RENTAL INFORMATION FOR THE 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR
- Rental insurance (COI) must be approved PRIOR to submitting an online facility request. Please email the one-page COI to firstname.lastname@example.org For insurance requirements, see pages 9 & 10 in the Facility Usage Handbook. You'll receive an email stating if your insurance is approved or denied. If it's approved, you'll receive the okay to submit an online facility request beginning August 1. If it's denied, an explanation will be provided.
- Facility requests submitted prior to COI approval will be denied/canceled.
- If insurance is approved, please make sure the dates requested in FSDirect (online facility scheduling system) are within the policy dates on the insurance form. Do not submit facility requests that overlap insurance coverage. Overlaps will be denied. Insurance approval is required only once if all facility requests dates are covered on the policy. (You won't need to email your COI each time). GISD will keep insurance certificates on file.
- Insurance requirements are outlined in the Facility Usage Handbook. Feel free to forward the COI requirements to your insurance agent.
- RENTAL FEES
- All fees (room & personnel) will increase beginning August 1, 2022.
- FACILITY REQUESTS
External organizations (Orgs 1, 2, 3 & 4) may submit requests, AFTER INSURANCE APPROVAL, for the new school year beginning August 1 for events starting August 15. No rental events are permitted from August 1 - 14. This allows time for requests to be processed as staff prioritize school-related events first. (No theater rentals during the months of July & August).
- Please note the Blocked Dates listed below for some weekends through December and for holidays throughout the school year.
- Until further notice, we are unable to support requests that include the cafeteria and another room/space for non-profit (org type 3) and for-profit (org type 4) groups.
- BLOCKED DATES: No Rentals
- Orgs 1 & 2 (supports 75-100% GISD students): You are exempt from these blocked dates. Please submit your request for a non-blocked date, but within the request please note the blocked date needed. We'll adjust your request accordingly. Example: "This request is for the blocked date August 6, not August 5."
- Orgs 3 (non-profit) & Orgs 4 (for-profit): We truly apologize for the inconvenience, but due to the continuous staffing shortage, we are unable to support the following weekend dates.
- Orgs 3 (non-profit) & Orgs 4 (for-profit): Until further notice, we are unable to support cafeteria requests that include another room/space.
- August 6, 7, 20, 21
- September 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25
- October 1, 2, 22, 23
- November 19, 20, 26, 27
- December 3, 4, 10, 11
The following dates have been designated "Holiday/No Rental." The online system will automatically block rental requests for these dates. If you're requesting multiple dates that span over any of these holidays, please use the Normal Schedule Type and do not include these dates within your facility request.
- BLOCKED DATES: Holidays/No Rentals
- July 3 - 4, 2022 (4th of July)
- September 3 - 5, 2022 (Labor Day weekend)
- November 24 - 25, 2022 (Thanksgiving)
- December 17 - 26, 2022 (Christmas week)
- December 31 - January 1, 2023 (New Year's)
- April 7 - 10, 2023 (Easter weekend)
Rentals Allowed at an increased rate of 1.5 times the normal rate:
- November 26 - 27, 2022 (Thanksgiving weekend)
- March 16 - 19, 2023 (Spring break)
- May 27 - 29, 2023 (Memorial weekend)
- HANDBOOK & ROUTING PROCESS
- Prior to submission of facility requests, you will be required to agree to the terms & conditions, pricing, etc. outlined in the Facility Usage Handbook. This serves as a contract.
- After submission, facility requests go through a multi-step routing process. Facility requests are not finalized until the status is Approved & Activated. You'll receive email notifications throughout the process.
- Prohibitions - Extra fees will be applied if violated. The list can be found in the Facility Usage Handbook.
- Playoff Games - Other school districts who would like to request the use of GISD secondary athletic facilities should call the Athletics Department at (512) 943-5106.
- FINE ARTS
- Theaters (PAC and EVT) are not available for rent during the months of July & August.
Here are the instructions on how to Register and Submit a facility request via the online scheduling system called FSDirect:
- Step 1 - Please read the Facility Usage Handbook UPDATED You will be asked to agree to the terms & conditions, pricing, etc. prior to submitting a facility request. The updated handbook will be available August 1.
- Step 2 - Please read the CommunityUse Guide 1 (instructional guide) to Register your organization name and/or your personal name as a contact for your organization. You'll receive an email notification once your registration is approved.
- Step 3 - Insurance (COI) must be emailed to email@example.com PRIOR to submitting a facility request. You'll receive an email stating if it's approved or denied. Please do not submit facility requests until you receive an email stating if it's approved. Make sure the requested dates on the facility request are covered within the insurance policy dates. No overlaps.
- Step 4 - If you receive an email that your insurance is approved, please click on the CommunityUse Guide 2 (instructional guide) to Submit a facility request. Facility requests are not finalized until the status is Approved & Activated. You'll receive notifications throughout the process.
Reminders: PLEASE READ THE NEW IMPORTANT RENTAL INFORMATION LISTED ABOVE PRIOR TO SUBMITTING A FACILITY REQUEST.
Athletic Facilities (high schools & middle schools)Vickie WilliamsAthletic Facility Scheduler512-943-5000 x6105
Athletic StadiumJason DeanAthletic Director
Fine Arts Theater FacilitiesGretchen ParkerSecretary512-943-5000 x7549
firstname.lastname@example.orgPAC TheaterDean BakerTechnical DirectorEVT TheaterThomas DeLaurierTechnical DirectorOther, Additional InfoKathy O'ConnorDistrict Scheduler