FACILITY SCHEDULING & RENTAL
Georgetown schools use an online facility scheduling system called FSDirect. Staff and Rentals are able to submit their own facility requests to reserve spaces and coordinate support for events. Requests are routed through an approval process and become activated schedules upon final Approval & Activation. Service Providers (custodial, HVAC, field lighting, electronic exterior doors and technology) will receive email notifications via FSDirect based upon the information provided in the Set Requirement section of the facility request. This information will help ensure your event is a success.
Listed below are the STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS for Staff and Rental information.
SCHOOL EVENTS (Staff)This section is for staff members to request facilities for GISD only activities. Staff members who are part of an external organization need to follow the instructions under Rental Events. All activities occurring outside of school hours (campuses) or business hours (admin facilities) must be scheduled through FSDirect. (Examples: open house, book fair, staff meeting, volleyball game, choir concert, student council meeting, professional learning, parent info night, etc.).
- INSTRUCTIONS - Staff
- Step A - REQUESTER GUIDE: Please read the Requester Guide (instructional guide) prior to submitting a facility request.
- Step B - GMAIL: You'll need to be signed in to your Georgetown ISD email account.
- Step C - FACILITY REQUEST FORM: The Requester link is provided under Resources.
- Step D - APPROVED / ACTIVATED: All facility requests go through a multiple-step approval routing process. Your request is not finalized until the status is Approved & Activated. You'll receive email notifications throughout the process.
- INSTRUCTIONS: High Level Users Only:
- Please read the instructional guides below prior to clicking on the link:
RENTAL EVENTS (External Organizations)This section is for external organizations to request the use of GISD facilities. This includes staff members who are part of an external organization. (Examples: PTA or Booster Club activities, athletic activities for non-GISD teams, scouting activities, church activities, etc.).REQUESTS FOR THE 2023-24 SCHOOL YEAR
- Beginning Tuesday, August 1, 2023, rentals may submit facility requests (Step 4), AFTER insurance approval (Step 3).
- Rental events are not permitted from August 1 - 14.
- Please read the updated Facility Usage Handbook (Step 1).
- INSTRUCTIONS - Rentals
- Step 1 - HANDBOOK: Please read the Facility Usage Handbook UPDATED 9.14.23
- Step 2 - REGISTRATION: Please read the CommunityUse Guide 1 You'll receive an email notification once your registration is approved.
- Step 3 - INSURANCE: Insurance (COI) must be approved PRIOR to submitting a facility request (Step 4). To avoid delays, please read the requirements on pages 9 & 10 of the handbook (Step 1) prior to emailing the one-page insurance form to firstname.lastname@example.org The policy dates must cover the requested event dates.
- Step 4 - FACILITY REQUEST FORM: Please read the CommunityUse Guide 2. You may submit a facility request AFTER you receive an email stating your insurance is approved. Please add your organization name to the title of each event. Detailed times are required in the Additional Information section. You will be asked to agree to the terms & conditions, room rental fees, personnel fees, etc. that are outlined in the handbook (Step 1). All facility requests go through a multiple-step approval routing process. Your request is not finalized until the status is Approved & Activated. You'll receive email notifications throughout the process.
- Step 5 - STUDENT ROSTER & NON-PROFIT: In order to receive the reduced room rental rate, Organization Types 1 & 2 may email their Student Roster to email@example.com and Organization Type 3 may email their non-profit document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PLEASE NOTE:
- BLOCKED DATES: See the handbook (Step 1) for a list of blocked dates.
- DEPOSITS: Required for all NEW organizations requesting a secondary athletic space. 50% is required before the event. An invoice (minus the deposit) will be emailed after the event.
- HANDBOOK & ROUTING PROCESS: Prior to submission of facility requests, you will be required to agree to the Terms & Conditions, fees, etc. outlined in the Facility Usage Handbook. After submission, facility requests go through a multi-step routing process. Requests are not finalized until the status is Approved & Activated. You'll receive email notifications throughout the process.
- ATHLETICS: Prohibitions - Extra fees will be applied if violated. The list can be found in the Handbook. Playoff Games - Other school districts who would like to request the use of GISD secondary athletic facilities should call the Athletics Department at (512) 943-5106.
- FINE ARTS: Prohibitions - Extra fees will be applied if violated. The list can be found in the Facility Usage Handbook. Theaters (PAC and EVT) are not available for rent during the months of July & August.
Athletic Secondary Facilities & InvoicesVickie WilliamsAthletic Facility Scheduler512-943-5000 x6105
Athletic StadiumJason DeanAthletic Director
email@example.comTheater - InvoicesGretchen ParkerFine Arts SecretaryTheater - PACDean BakerTechnical DirectorTheater - EVTThomas DeLaurierTechnical DirectorAdditional Info, InvoicingKathy O'ConnorDistrict Scheduler
firstname.lastname@example.orgCANCELLATIONS - Last Minute or Adjustments
- Athletic Secondary - Contact the Facilitator assigned to your event.
- Theaters - Contact the Technical Director listed above.
- Other - Contact a Custodial Coordinator at 512-635-6437 or 512-630-7347.