Adapted PE (APE)
What is Adapted Physical Education?
"Adapted Physical Education is the art and science of developing and implementing a carefully designed physical education instructional program for an individual with a disability, based on a comprehensive assessment, to give the individual the skills necessary for a lifetime of rich leisure, recreation, and sport experiences to enhance physical fitness and wellness."
— (Auxter, Pyfer, & Huettig, 2001)
- Exceptional Georgetown Alliance http://www.exceptionalgeorgetown.org/
- Georgetown Parks & Rec
- Miracle League
- Central Texas Ability Sports
- Round Rock's Play For All Abilities Park
- Danny G McBeth Recreation Center.
- Clay Madsen Recreation Center, (512) 218-3220
- R.O.C.K.- Improving life skills and independence in partnership with the horse
- Office: 512-930-7625 (Kristin Witcher)
- Physical Location: 2050 Rockride Lane (formerly CR 110), Georgetown, TX 78626
- Morgan's Wonderland - San Antonio
- Cerebral Palsy Group - The Cerebral Palsy Group is dedicated to providing information, material and resources that is available to parents with children who have been diagnosed with cerebral palsy