Georgetown ISD utilizes the NWEA MAP Growth Math and Reading assessments with Kindergarten through 8th Grade students. Students complete an adaptive assessment three times each year, and teachers use students' assessment results to personalize instruction for each student's learning needs.
Students Resources for NWEA MAP Growth Assessment
Check out these great videos and activities to help students feel comfortable before taking the NWEA MAP Growth Assessment!
- Student Resources: MAP Growth K-2 & MAP Growth 2+ Includes: What's this Test About?, Get Ready for the Test, Explore Tools (Growth 2+), Practice Test
NWEA MAP Growth Reports
You must be logged into your GISD Google account and/or your NWEA MAP account to view these resources.
- Purpose of MAP Video - What is MAP Growth? A 3-minute video from a teacher's perspective
- Top MAP Reports for GISD Quick Reference - 4 great NWEA MAP reports, with instructions for how to access them
- I Gave My Test, Now What? Slide Deck - How to use the Class Breakdown and Learning Continuum to group students for instruction, as well as inform you webbing during the design process
- NWEA MAP Math Norm Chart Google Doc - Benchmark RIT levels (BOY, MOY, EOY) for Grades K-11
- NWEA MAP Reading Norm Reference PDF - Help correlate percentiles, grade level, and RIT
- NWEA MAP Reading Correlation PDF - Help correlate RIT score to Lexile
- Dive Into Specific Reports
- MAP Growth Spanish Videos - MAP Growth Spanish purpose, How to use Spanish Reports
- MAP Video Tutorials Home Videos - Even more videos about MAP Reports