UIL Competition Dates
PARENTS MUST SIGN STUDENT OUT FOR ALL EVENTS
Oral Reading, Bi-lingual Oral Reading and Impromptu Speaking will be Jan. 16th, 2019 beginning at 4:15 pm at Forbes Middle School. Buses have been arranged as well as pickup times schduled for all participating campuses. STUDENTS MUST HAVE A PERMISSION FORM SIGNED prior to riding the bus to the events on the 16th. Event will be done by 6:30pm. Parents can arrive at 5:45pm.
UIL Ready Writing will take place on Jan. 23rd, 2019 from 4:45 - 6:15pm at Forbes Middle School. Students will need to arrive at FMS between 4:15-4:30pm so that we may begin the competition at 4:45pm. Snacks will be provided. We ask that if you bring a drink, it's just water. Parents are permitted to wait at FMS or they may return at 6:15pm to pick up their ready writers.
The remaining events will take place on Jan. 25th, 2019 at EVHS.
- 2:30pm Students arrive via GISD transportation.
- 3pm Students provided afternoon snack.
- 4:15pm Students released to first round of events: Art, Chess, Mathematics, Music Memory, Social Studies, Spelling
- 5:15pm Students released to 2nd round of events: Dictionary skills, Listening, Maps/graphs, Modern Oratory, #Sense, Sci I and II
- All students should be ready for parental pickup by 7pm.
Awards and Ceremonies: Winners will be identified by contest # only on the website! Winners will be posted on the GISD website no later than Tuesday, Jan 29th at 5pm. An awards ceremony for those receiving first, second, or third place will be held on February 7,2019 at the Klett Center for the Performing Arts. Reflections awards begin at 6pm; followed by UIL awards at 7pm.