Student Teacher and Student Observer Guidelines
Georgetown ISD welcomes student teachers during the Fall and Spring semesters. To request placement for student teaching, please follow the guidelines below.
Instructions for Program Directors, Supervisors and Coordinators:
All prospective student teachers seeking placement in GISD are required to complete and submit a Student Teacher Application labeled Student Teacher 23-24. The application will be available on our website on June 1st, 2023 and it will initiate the background check process.
- Contact Rosie Bunik at firstname.lastname@example.org with your placement requests and requirements.
- GISD Human Resources will communicate placements as soon as they are confirmed.
- Students will attend a mandatory Student Teacher Orientation in August or January.
Timelines for Placement requests:
Instructions for Program Directors, Supervisors, Coordinators, and Students
- Contact Rosie Bunik email@example.com for placement requests
- Students should attach their field-based letter to the placement request email
- Program Directors, Supervisors, or Coordinators should include requirements in the email request
- All students must complete the GISD volunteer background check
- Once the background check has cleared, HR will contact the campuses for placements
The deadline for requesting observation hours for the Fall Semester is October 2nd. All observation hours must be completed by November 17.