Student Teacher and Student Observer Guidelines
Georgetown ISD welcomes student teachers during the Fall and Spring semesters. To request placement for student teaching, please follow the guidelines below.
Instructions for Program Directors, Supervisors and Coordinators:
All prospective student teachers seeking placement in GISD are required to complete and submit a Student Teacher Application labeled Student Teacher 20-21. The application will be available on our website on July 13th, 2020 and it will initiate the background check process. Placements will not be made until this step has been completed.
- Contact Rosie Bunik at email@example.com with your placement requests and requirements.
- GISD Human Resources will communicate placements as soon as they are confirmed.
- Students will attend a mandatory Student Teacher Orientation in August or January.
Timelines for Placement requests:
Instructions for Program Directors, Supervisors, Coordinators, and students
- Contact Rosie Bunik at firstname.lastname@example.org for placement requests
- Students should attach their field based letter to the placement request email
- Program Directors, Supervisors, or Coordinators should include requirements on the request email
- All students must complete the GISD volunteer background check for the 20-21 school year (available on August 1st)
- Once the background check has cleared, HR will contact the campuses for placements
The Deadline for Student Observation requests for Fall 2020 is October 12th and for Spring 2020 is February 20th. Student Observers will not be placed from Thanksgiving thru Winter break, nor during the month of May.