Girls Soccer Team Information
March 27th - 29th
7am - 8:20
- Running shoes
- Shin guards (if you have them)
- cleats (if you have them)
If you want to try out and are not in athletics already, you will need to have a physical done, $8 turned in for insurance purposes, and all the participation online paperwork filled out and submitted.
THIS NEEDS TO BE COMPLETED BEFORE YOU CAN EVEN TOUCH A BALL
Goal of our program:
We are very excited about being in our 11th year of middle school soccer at Tippit Middle School! We will have an A and B team. Both 7th and 8th graders are combined on each team.
Our goal this year is to ensure players have fun,while developing skills necessary to continue playing soccer at a higher level.
The University Interscholastic League (UIL) controls all extra-curricular activities in public schools. The UIL has established guide lines which are followed. All athletes must pass all classes in order to compete in any event. All athletes must have an athletic physical yearly along with various forms on file with their campus coaches. Please visit our website to print out the physical packet and turn it in to Coach Lucas or Coach Kuykendall before tryouts.
Coaches will provide a jersey and shorts for each player that will be returned to school after the last game. You will be responsible for reimbursing the school for any uniforms not returned! Students will provide their own cleats and shin guards.
The kids will also have the opportunity to purchase a game day shirt. Info on shirts will be given to the athlete once they make the team.
We expect the best from our players! As an athlete, you represent Tippit Middle School and Georgetown ISD.
- You must be passing all your classes to try out for soccer! There are no exceptions!
- Attend all games and practices. If you can not make a game or practice, please notify your coach as soon as possible.
- Your behavior during the day is just as important as your skills on the field. Keep your grades up, study hard and act appropriately.
Other Helpful Info:
- Soccer goes through April and May. The last game is the week before school is out.
- There is one Friday night tournament for each team.
- Soccer requires good endurance and hard work.. be prepared to run! If you do not like running, you do not need to try out!
- Positions and teams are based on team needs and skill level. They will not know what team they have made until after the first few days of practice.