GISD Remote Learner Homework Help
In addition to teacher-led (like office hours and small group instruction) and campus-based tutorials, GISD is proud to offer an additional support for remote learners that may need daytime just-in-time academic assistance.
What it is:
- Just-in-time for at-home learners
- Answering questions about content specific assignments
- Helping with the next best step for navigating homework
- Troubleshooting for Google Classroom
What it isn't:
- Extensive one-on-one help
- Pre-grading assignments
- Technology help for fixing devices (tech helpdesk at 943-5005 is ready to help with that!)
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
How to access
- Go to the website https://meet.google.com
- Click on the button to Join or start a meeting
- Type in the meeting code for the grade level and subject area you need help with. The meeting codes are listed below these instructions.
- Click the Continue button, and then click the Join now button.
- Please Note: If you try to join the Meet before 11:30 am or after 1:00 pm, you will get an error message. Please be sure you are joining the Meet on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday between 11:30 am and 1:00 pm.
- After joining the Meet, type your name, grade, school, teacher, and question in the chat
- Questions will be answered in the order they are received
- Note - there may be other students in the chat at the same time
Reminder, you will need to be signed in to your georgetownisd.org Google account to access Google Meet
Google Meeting Codes
PreK-2nd Grade Meeting Code
- PK-2 All Subjects: PK2HW
3rd-5th Grade Meeting Codes
- 3-5 Reading, Writing, & Social Studies Meeting Code: 35ELAR
- 3-5 Math & Science Meeting Code: 35STEM
6th-8th Grade Meeting Codes
- 6-8 English & Social Studies Meeting Code: 68ENGLISH
- 6-8 Math & Science Meeting Code: 68STEM
9th-12th Grade Meeting Codes
- 9-12 English & Social Studies Meeting Code: 912ENGLISH
- 9-12 Math & Science Meeting Code: 912STEM
If you need homework help in a subject that is not listed above, please use any of the Meeting codes for your grade level, and we will help you!