My name is Katie Hruskocy and this is my 4th year teaching at Village Elementary, but this will be my 15th year in education. I grew up in the DFW metroplex in a town named Flower Mound. I moved here in 2018 and fell in love with the town and community and will now never leave the Austin area. I am a parent of 2 Stingrays and am dedicated to bridging the gap between families and our school. I am looking forward to partnering with you and your students this year to make the school year the best one yet. In my free time I love trying new restaurants in the area, listening to live music, and watching my daughters play competitive softball.
10 Things About Ms. Hruskocy
1. My 2 daughters and I live here in the neighborhood... don't ding dong ditch me!!
2. I have taught all grades that my certification will allow; Kinder, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and now 4th grade.
3. I graduated from Texas A&M and love the Aggies!
4. My favorite teacher was my 4th grade teacher Mrs. Gooding. She hired me for my first teaching position. We still keep in contact!
5. To relax I like to paing and do hand lettering.
6. I love plants! I am a proud plant mom.
7. My daughters, Brynn (10) and Zoey (8) are my entire world.
8. I have a small rat dog named Max. He's so ugly, he's cute.
9. Starbucks is my kryptonite... along with PEANUT BUTTER M&Ms!
10. Every year I say, "This was the BEST year ever" and it just keeps getting better!