Counseling & College, Career, Military Readiness (CCMR)
GHS Summer School Dates and Times
- Session 1 - June Session – June 6th - June 23rd 2022 (Monday - Thursday Only)
- Session 2 - July Session – July 11th - July 28th 2022 (Monday - Thursday Only)
For each day of summer school we offer Morning classes and/or Afternoon classes.
- Morning classes are from 8:30-11:30 AM
- Afternoon classes are from 12:00-3:00 PM.
Students have the opportunity to attend June and/or July Sessions for morning and/or afternoon classes - If there are questions in regards to how many sessions are needed for your student, students/parents may contact their alpha counselor to get an idea of how much time should be allocated for Summer School this summer.
GHS Summer School Offerings
- Credit Recovery (No-Cost) - Students in need of recovering missing credits
- EOC Prep and Exams (No-Cost) - Students in need of STAAR EOC Prep help
- Original Credit ($150/course) - Students earning new credits in select courses
GHS Summer School Registration Information & Instructions
Registration for GHS Summer School can be done through Skyward Family and Student Access using the instructions found in this link -
Please click here for further details such as transportation, meals and a list of frequently discussed topics in regards to summer school.
Also, students may visit their alpha house office and counselor to ask questions and/or receive help with registering for summer school.
9th - 11th Grade Parent Meeting Tuesday, Oct. 26th
The 9th through 11th grade parent presentation will be held in the GHS cafeteria Tuesday, Octber 26th at 6:00pm. If you cannot make the meeting, you will be able to view the presentation the following day from the Counseling webpage.
Welcome back Eagles! The GHS Counseling Services team is excited to kick off the 2021-2022 school year. Check back often for important announcements!
- Professional School Counselor Alpha A-Ei
- Professional School Counselor Alpha Ej - Le
- Professional School Counselor Alpha Li - Ri
- Professional School Counselor Alpha Rj - Z
- Counselor Lead
- College, Career, Military Readiness
New Student Enrollment
Registration for current 9th-12th grade students who are new to GISD/GHS:
Parents/authorized adults must first electronically register their child by going to the GISD Student Enrollment Site. This process may be done from any computer or hand-held device. Parents/authorized adults are also required to go to the appropriate campus during the dates and times specified below in order to complete the registration process. Parents who arrive after the scheduled ending time will be asked to return on the next scheduled registration day to finalize enrollment.
Before selecting courses, parents/guardians must first register their student(s).