Human Trafficking & Dating Violence Curriculum Release (8th-12th Grades)
As a result of Senate Bill 9 (SB 9) which was passed in 2021 during the 87th Legislature's Second Session, school districts are required to provide students with the opportunity to receive instruction on the topic of Human Trafficking and Dating Violence. With advice from the Georgetown ISD School Health Advisory Council (SHAC), the GISD school board has approved the Love 146: Not a Number curriculum for student instruction on this topic. Instruction will be provided in health classes as well as health science classes that are offered to eighth grade and high school students. In accordance with SB 9, parents/guardians must submit written consent in order for their student to participate in this educational opportunity.
- Log into Skyward Family Access. (instructions for login here)
- Click on the button on the left-hand side of the screen that says Online Forms.
- Click the link next to the Human Trafficking/Dating Violence Release that says Fill Out Form.
- The release form will open. Click Next on the left hand menu navigation.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the form. Select Yes or No at the bottom of the form to provide or deny permission for your student to participate in the Human Trafficking/Dating Violence Curriculum. Your answers will be pre-populated if you completed the form during returning student registration or new student enrollment, but you can change them at this time.
- Click the button that says "Complete Step 1 and move to Step 2" at the bottom of the page when you are done.
- On the last page, click the button that says Submit Human Trafficking/Dating Violence Release Form. Your form will be submitted.