MItchell Elementary School Clinic
Cockerill, Faythe RN, BSN
Hello! My name is Faythe Cockerill and I'm so excited to be here at Mitchell! I graduated from Tarleton State University in 2015 with my BSN. I then continued my nursing journey to Labor and Delivery where I spent the next five years. My husband and I are originally from central Texas and we have been back in the area for the past three years. We have a black lab named Nyx and we recently added a new member to our family, our daughter Maisie, who was born last year. I'm so thankful for this opportunity to get to know and care for your kids!
Should I Stay Home Today?
GISD Policy: Students should not attend school in the following circumstances:
- Chills, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, body aches, headache, new loss of taste/smell.
- Diarrhea (3 or more episodes of loose stools in 24 hours). A child must be diarrhea free for 24 hours without the use of diarrhea suppressing medications.
- Vomiting two or more times in 24 hours, unless a physician feels the cause of vomiting is not an infectious disease and the child is in no danger of becoming dehydrated. A child should have one or two meals without vomiting before returning to school. Your child may be sent home from school for vomiting one time.
- Temperature of 100 degrees or above. A child must have temperature below 100.4 degrees for 24 hours before returning to school without taking a fever reducing medication.
- Questionable rash until a physician has determined the rash is not caused by an infectious disease.
- Known communicable disease must be treated for the appropriate amount of time as directed by a physician.
- Recommendation of a physician or school nurse.
- PLEASE SEE COVID STUDENT PROCESS MAP FOR ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS RELATED TO COVID CASES.
Contact Information: Clinic Hours:
P: 512-943-1800 ext: 1821 Monday-Friday 7:30am-3:45pm
F: 512-943-1829 Appointments available on request
June 16, 2023
June 23, 2023