Charging an iPad
- Your iPad came with a power adapter. It must be plugged into an electrical outlet.
- iPads will not charge while connected to a Windows computer through USB.
- Connect the USB end of the cable into the plug.
- Connect the plug to an electrical outlet on the wall.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the bottom of your iPad. The symbol should face up.
Charging Q & A
- How long does the iPad battery last?
Approximately 10 hours when new and fully charged.
- How often should I charge the iPad?
Plug your iPads in at the end of every day and charge them overnight.
- Where should I charge my iPads?
Plug your iPads into a surge protector.
- During the school day when your iPads are not in use, store your iPads in a location that is not easily visible to or accessible by students. Consider keeping them in a locked cabinet or closet.
- In the afternoon/overnight while your iPads are charging, keep them out of sight. If you are able to store them in a locked cabinet or closet while charging them, do so.
Last Modified on March 3, 2017