Instructions for Using Your GISD-issued Laptop & Important Systems
- Laptop Hardware Basics [PDF] - power on, battery life and charging, ports
- How to Login to the Laptop [Video]
- Lock Your Laptop [Video] - secure the data on your laptop every time you step away from it
- Connect to Your Home WiFi [Video] - connect to your home wifi, tips for troubleshooting wifi issues
- Reset Your Password with the SSRPM Tool for Employees [Video]
- Log into the Google Chrome Web Browser [Video] - how and why to login on your GISD laptop
- Log into ClassLink Single Sign-On [Video] - access to all of your online resources in one location - for employees and students
- Enter a Request in the GISD Technology Service Desk [Video] - report a technical issue, ask questions, request training
- Add a GISD Printer [Video] - these steps must be completed in a GISD building; they will not work offsite
- Add a Home Printer [Video] - connect a personal printer at home
- Windows 10 Start Menu [Video] - open programs, pin programs to Start Menu and Task Bar
- Install GISD-Approved Software from the Software Center [Video] - these steps must be completed in a GISD building; they will not work offsite
Quick Links to Important Technology Websites
Many of the websites below were referenced in the instructional videos you just watched (above) on how to use your GISD-issued laptop.
- Technology Information for New Employees 2020-2021
- Gmail & Google Suite - GISD's email and document creation/sharing
- ClassLink - Single sign on site for all GISD online resources
- Reset Your GISD Password in SSRPM
- Technology Service Desk - Request technology help here!
- Add a Printer - Click this link at your campus; it works only when logged into the GISD network
- Open the Software Center program: Search Windows > Software Center - to download GISD-approved software when logged into the GISD network
- Technology Tutorials website - more instructions for using Georgetown ISD technology and online systems, including Gmail, Eduphoria, Skyward, and much more!