Welcome to the East View High School Cross Country Team! Summer training starts on June 11th at 7:00 am in San Gabriel Park. We will meet Monday-Friday at 7:00 am all summer in the park.In-Season Training:When: Monday-Friday at 6:15 am
Where: Monday: San Gabriel ParkTuesday-Thursday: East View High School (meet near the locker rooms)You MUST have a current physical on file BEFORE you can practice or attend any meets. Please follow the link and complete all 3 steps for your physical: http://www.georgetownisd.org/Page/442Nutrition/HydrationProper nutrition is essential to athletic performance as well as good overall health.
Communication between parents, athletes, trainers and coaches is integral to a strong program. If you would like to discuss how your son or daughter is progressing, please contact Coach Burton at one of the following:
- Water/Gatorade – The absolute minimum consumed should be 128 ounces per day (that’s one gallon, or 16 eight ounce cups)! The drinking fountain rule applies for school – If you pass one, take a drink! Every athlete should have a water bottle with them at all times!
- A balanced meal of complex carbohydrates, meats, vegetables, fruits, and fluids is best.
- Athletes should eat before and after every workout and race. Eat something light before morning workouts, such as toast with peanut butter and honey, or a banana.
- All athletes should eat at least 8 servings of fruit and vegetables each day.
- During the racing season athletes should refrain from any carbonated drinks.
- “Junk food” should be eaten in moderation and must never replace the essentials of a healthy, balanced diet.
Contact informationMike Burton / burtonM@georgetownisd.org / 512-943-1800 x8180