Hi! I'm Sandy Kendell and I am excited to serve EVHS as your Digital Learning Coach!
I have worked in Georgetown ISD for 29 years in capacities ranging from classroom teacher to campus technology facilitator to district edtech specialist to district communications specialist and now digital learning coach. I’m an experienced professional learning facilitator, having led or co-led a variety of professional learning sessions in GISD and at conferences such as SXSWedu, ISTE, TCEA, Texas Google Summit, TCEA Chromebook and Campus Tech Specialist Academies, and iPadpalooza.
I love collaborating with teachers to plan for authentic and meaningful use of technology in teaching and learning. My areas of interest include promoting student creativity, digital and media literacy, digital citizenship and ethics, and encouraging educators in their pursuit of lifelong learning. I am currently pursuing an Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction with an Educational Technology specialization at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley with the goal of teaching graduate or professional development courses for educators.
Degrees and Certifications
- In progress: Ed.D. Curriculum & Instruction with EdTech Specialization, The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- M.Ed. Educational Technology Leadership, Lamar University
- B.A. Child Study & Language Development (Elementary Education), Southwestern University
Texas Teaching Certifications:
- Technology Applications Grades 8-12
- Science Grades 4-8
- Elementary Self-Contained Grades 1-8
- Elementary English Grades 1-8
Digital Learning Certifications:
- Google Certified Educator - Level 1 & Level 2
- Screencastify Coach, Master & Genius Screencaster
- Seesaw Certified Educator
- Schlechty Designing Engaging Work
- Schlechty Coaching for Design
- Jim Knight Instructional Coaching
- Capturing Kids' Hearts