Mr. Virgil Anderson
8th Grade Science
8th Grade Blue Team Lead
Forbes Middle School
512-943-5150 ext. 7747
How to Keep up with Mr. A's Science Classes:
Students will keep a folder with a daily agenda. This folder is also where homework assignments and paper communications from me will go.
Optionally, you may sign up with my science classes on Remind.
I will occassionally send reminders about upcoming projects and tests, but I promise not to overwhelm you!
Join Remind by text:
- For pre-AP students, text @9hf36f to 81010
- For core students, text @a6ke7c to 81010
Join Remind online: Visit remind.com/join and enter the class code (above) along with your mobile phone number.
This is my 14th year teaching, and my third year in Georgetown. I am married to my beautiful wife of 19 years, Michele, and we have three children: Tristan, a sophomore at GHS; Logan, an 8th grader at Forbes; and Amerlyn, a 5th grader at Cooper. We absolutely love the Georgetown community and look forward to many more years growing, learning, and teaching here!
8th Grade Science at a Glance:
- 1st 9 Weeks: Safety, Ecology, and Chemistry
- 2nd 9 Weeks: Chemical Reactions, and Sun, Earth, Moon System
- 3rd 9 Weeks: Universe, Physics and Forces Shaping Earth part 1
- 4th 9 Weeks: Forces Shaping Earth part 2, Weather, STAAR and Wellness and Sexual Health
- Morning Tutorials: 8:15-8:40 except Tuesday
- 1st Period: 8:45-9:33 Pre-AP Science
- 2nd Period: 9:37-10:30 Pre-AP Science
- 3rd Period: 10:34-11:22 Science
- 4th Period: 11:26-12:14 Conference
- 5th Period: 12:18-1:06 Science
- Lunch: 1:10-1:40
- 6th Period: 1:44-2:32 Science
- SOAR: 2:36-3:08
- 7th Period: 3:12-4:00