2018-19 Forbes Tennis
Welcome to Forbes Tennis!!
- The tennis class is combined 7th and 8th grade boys and girls held during last period.
- Tennis experience is not required but is preferred.
- Students will need their own tennis racquet, tennis shoes and they will need to purchase 2 Forbes Tennis shirts (available soon). Students may wear their own shorts preferably w pockets.
- The competitive season begins in February and lasts until late April. You do not have to be in the tennis class period to compete on the team. Students not enrolled in the tennis class will begin morning practices (7:30-8:20) beginning in early February.
- In addition to practicing tennis during the period, students will also participate in running, agilities and weight training.
- All athletes must complete the following steps before they are eligable to participate
- GISD UIL Physical/Medical History form: (Only GISD UIL Physical Forms will be accepted). The medical history section must be filled out completely and signed by both the parent/guardian and the student. The physical section must be completed by a physician and dated after May 1st, 2018. This form can be download after May 1st at www.georgetownisd.rankonesport.com. The form must be turned in to Coach Schreiber. Please do not drop it off at the front desk. You may choose to complete your athlete's physical at your primary care doctor, or a local clinic.
- $5 for Catastrophic Insurance: $5 dollars must be turned in with the completed physical to Coach Schreiber
- Electronic Forms: Please visit www.georgetownisd.rankonesport.com to fill out the remainder of the required forms. These forms must be filled out after May 1st, 2018. You will see a confirmation page and receive a confirmation email when the forms are complete. If you do not, please go back to see what you missed
About the Coach:
Reagan Willman is returning in his fifth year as coach. Reagan has been coaching tennis for 17 years at the high school and middle school level. Reagan is a graduate of The University of Texas at Austin where he was a football letterman, he also holds a Masters of Education from Texas State University. Coach Willman is certified as a United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA) teaching pro and he was recently named "Pro of the Year" for his work with kids ages 10 and under.Forbes has won district in his first 4 seasons. He looks to continue the success of the program in the coming year.