2019-20 Forbes Tennis
Welcome to FMS Tennis!!! We are very excited to work with your athlete during the 2019-20 school year!
All athletes, please make every attempt to complete the following before May 30th, 2019. Athletes that do not complete the following before the first day of school in August run the risk receiving a schedule change into PE.
- GISD UIL Physical/Medical History form: (Only GISD UIL Physical Forms will be accepted). The medical history section must be filled out completely and signed by both the parent/guardian and the student. The physical section must be completed by a physician and dated after May 1st, 2019. This form can be download after May 1st at GISD Physical Form The form must be turned in to Coach Schreiber. Please do not drop it off at the front desk. You may choose to complete your athlete's physical at the annual Scott and White Physicals (information attached below), your primary care doctor, or a local clinic.
- $5 for Catastrophic Insurance: $5 dollars must be turned in with the completed physical to Coach Schreiber
- Electronic Forms: Please visit Rank One Online Forms to fill out the remainder of the required forms. These forms must be filled out after May 1st, 2019. You will see a confirmation page and receive a confirmation email when the forms are complete. If you do not, please go back to see what you missed.
Follow the link to fill out your electronic forms!!
Your athlete will not be eligible to participate in the Falcon Tennis Program unless all steps are completed. Schedules will be changed from Athletics to PE if these steps are not completed by Thursday, August 22nd.
**New this year: Incoming 7th grade athletes and/or athletes new to Georgetown ISD may not participate in summer strength and conditioning camp until a physical on the correct form is turned in. The first day of strength and conditioning camp is Monday, June 10th, 2019,
- Remind app: to download, text @3e6g72 to 81010
- Follow us on Twitter: @fmsgirlsath
- Tennis experience is not required but is preferred.
- Students will need their own tennis racquet, tennis shoes and they will need to purchase 2 Forbes Tennis shirts available on the webstore. Students may wear their own shorts preferably w pockets.
- The competitive season begins in February and lasts until May. You do not have to be in the tennis class period to compete on the team. Students not enrolled in the tennis class will begin afternoon practices beginning in early February.
- In addition to practicing tennis during the period, students will also participate in running, agilities and weight training.
About the Coach:
Reagan Willman is returning in his 6th year as coach. Reagan has been coaching tennis for 18 years at the high school and middle school level. Reagan is a graduate of The University of Texas at Austin where he was a football letterman, he also holds a Masters of Education from Texas State University. Coach Willman is certified as a United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA) teaching pro and he was recently named "Pro of the Year" for his work with kids ages 10 and under.Forbes has won district in his first 4 seasons. He looks to continue the success of the program in the coming year.