New Substitute Information
Looking for a flexible work schedule, and a chance to make a difference? Georgetown Independent School District's Substitutes are a vital element in the success of our students. In order to become a Substitute for GISD, you must hold a High School diploma or its equivalent (GED). In addition, you will need to complete an online Substitute Teacher application (when available on our website) under "Careers" and then "Job Opportunities" and attend a Substitute orientation.
After successfully submitting your Substitute application, you will receive an email notification from our Substitute Specialist directing you of your next steps in the process. This email is usually generated after the application deadline date.
Pay InformationSubstitute Teacher Pay: $95.00/day and $110.00/day for Long Term Assignments
Substitute Nurse Pay: $150.00/day including Long Term Assignments
Required documents:(Note: The required documents may be submitted in advance while waiting for the fingerprinting notification and orientation)
- Driver's License
- High School diploma or College Transcripts
- Social Security Card (for Payroll purposes)
You may turn in the required documents at:Georgetown ISD507 E University AveGeorgetown, TX 78626
(Note: Substitutes are required to work 3 days per semester in order to remain active in our system)
- Receive a Texas Education Agency (TEA) Fast-Pass for obtaining your fingerprints. If you have completed the fingerprinting process with another school district, we will let you know if you do not have to fingerprint.
- Upon receipt of the I-9 documents and confirmed fingerprinting, the required onboarding online forms will be emailed to you for completion.
- Once you complete the online forms, an email will be sent to you asking you to sign up for a substitute orientation.
- Attend a substitute orientation.
GISD Substitute Teacher Information507 E University Ave
Georgetown, TX 78626
512-943-5000We appreciate your interest in becoming a Georgetown Independent School District Substitute.
Senate Bill 9 Information
Senate Bill 9, also known as the "Fingerprinting Bill", was signed into law by Governor Perry in the fall of 2007. This bill requires that all substitutes undergo a national criminal history record information review by the Texas Education Agency (TEA). Therefore, before you can be employed as a substitute in Georgetown ISD, you will be required to provide your fingerprints to be checked against the national criminal history database.
Note: You will be required to pay the fees associated with the fingerprinting process. The cost ranges from $41.00 to $43.00 depending on the method of payment. Additional details concerning the fingerprinting process will be provided when you attend a substitute orientation.